Sign in to follow this  
Guest Fishing For Life

River conditions around G-bay?

Was up at the Notty yesterday morning, washed a few lures and flies. Spoke to a few local angler (the ones that are out almost every day) and they said it has been really slow, a few rainbow trout have been caught, mostly smaller ones (or so I've been told). The river was busy with anglers, more that what I like to be around fishing with so my stay was about 1.5 hrs before I started exploring for less occupied locations. ;)

As Wayne mentioned just above, with this rain maybe we'll see some more fish head into the river.

Guest Fishing For Life

Sorry, guys

I should have been more specific.

Planning on taking this Thursday & Friday off to fish for rainbow and maybe leftover salmons

around Thornbury/Meaford area and curious about how the water level and rain condition have been

any more information would be greatly appreciated

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Topics

• What lures can i fish in early fall around lots of weeds.

Hi there, I fish a spot were there are lots of weeds and usually fish topwater to avoid the weeds, is there any thing i can fish around weeds in fall when the fish aren't biting topwater.   Thanks.

in General Discussion

• Long-weekend on the Massassaga PP _ Moon River

Fished the Moon on Sunday. Water was highest I've seen in years so extra caution was taken boating around.  Deer flies were out in force, little buggers had an ankle feast.  The fishing was on-fire: between me and my gal we caught about 30 smallmouth between 2-4lbs all through the day, average was around 3lbs albeit no nickles on this trip.  Drop-shotting flukes and slammers was the ticket.  Sometimes you would be reeling one in and there would be one or two smallies following with your hooked u

in General Discussion

• Welland river

So im out this weekend and we've all heard about the high water lvls on the lake, well Welland river at least 3 ft lower bass and pike are almost non existant even old docks that were submerged were visible on surface by a few inches, guys if you have a boat and fish the rivers and creeks be very careful what you've boated passed before might rip a outdrive off now, no one needs to dry dock they're boat for the summer due to major repair. The area most i'm talking about is leaving Niagara area h

in Fishing News

• Should I consider the french river?

Hello there, just got back last week from my yearly Canadian trip with my father. We have been going to a location that has good smallmouth fishing but mediocre walleye fishing unless you are able to get into back lakes which we are not able to with my setup. I have an old 17 foot aluminum boat with a 9.9 that goes 15 mph with two people and our gear. It has been remodeled and is a much nicer than what you can rent most places so I bring my own boat. Where we currently go we end up moving around

in General Discussion

• "new" option for water conditions

You can get water condition updates right to your phone via buoys placed around the Great Lakes right now. Some inland lakes will be getting them in the future. https://glbuoys.glos.us Here is an article about the system: https://www.outdoorcanada.ca/buoyed-for-success/?fbclid=IwAR1HK98VFv29glw79WjfC3qG7Vt7qzTfdi_EZ8WZ8P5epG-9DzxDPW45Eq0

in General Discussion