backpack fishing

bigugli

Another quiet day spent walking some more trails and hit another section of L Gibson. The rain held off and the sun even chose to shine. The bite was good with some sizeable fish hitting both spinnerbaits and tubes.

This bass ate a tube. 17 inches and 2-2 1/2lbs.

DSCN2185.jpg

The smallies wanted the spinnerbait.

DSCN2186.jpg

I didn't even notice this little fella. I just felt him strike at my trouser leg a couple of times. Must be from this year's hatch, just shy of 12"

DSCN2188.jpg

There is one smallie there that got the better of me twice today. Probably close to the 20" mark. Took my spinnerbait into a tree to free himself in the morning. Went back to the same spot in the afternoon and he bit off my tube. I'll deal with him later ;)

Edited by bigugli

hey Bruce...aren't ya pushing your luck a bit there man....didn't we just get back from a 3 day fishing trip :lol:

I think you have the bug worse then I thought :w00t::w00t:

At 9:30 everybody else was sleeping or passed out. If I'm feeling good I am not wasting my day indoors like the rest of the household. I get stuck at home enough already.

Right now I'm stewing up another batch of salsa ( like the batch we never cracked open at the trailer) Then I got another bushel of tomatoes dropped off at the house to be processed tonight. My neighbours can smell the cooking walking up the street for a block.

you need to shoot me a message once in a while when you are headed out, If possible I would come and join ya for a bit, or suggest another spot to try out or whatever, wife is always of Mon-Tues, right now I am slow for work, but loving the much needed break..only near future thing I have on the go is putting on a steak dinner at the conservation club next saturday as part of an awards presentation night for different people's efforst in a couple different clubs over the years...now that I am not working so much I can get back to being more active in the club and standing up to some of my exectutive commitee duties as a trustee...for the most part they understand that I have a wife 3 kids, and work alot on the summer..lol, I am not yet at the luxury of retirement like some of the more active emebership, but they know when it boils down to it, I am there for a hand to anyone.

Anywas keep it in mind...and my boat's coming home turkey day weekend at the latest too :Gonefishing: ..almost killer local giant pike time, and of course I will be on the river for steelies all season after the boat is home. :Gonefishing:

You'll get that smallie next time. What kind of snake is that?

Not 100% on the snake I.D. Being juvenile it is really difficult to differentiate between a water snake and a milk snake. Lacking any hint of red in the skin I would think more likely a water snake.