Friday Fall Bassin

Seaweed

Well I got Friday afternoon off after working a bunch of overtime this week. It was welcomed with the rain called for the rest of the weekend. A relative of mine was visiting from England and loves fishing so I wanted to get him out on the water and try for some of the big ole bass I have been finding lately.

We got a late start after having to hunt down a non-resident license for him and a stop at a sandwich shop for some on the water lunch. We finally got launched and fishing by 11:30. The water was still warming and the bite wasn't on for the first few hours. Finally found some hungry fish on some mid-lake rice spots. They were tight to the rice and ambushed spinnerbaits.

Here are some of the small fish we caught

Average Largie

bassin8b.jpg

Medium Largie

bassin9b.jpg

My relative finally scores a hit... his first largemouth... a happy man for sure. The boys back home will never hear the end of it at his local pub.

Nice Largie

johndbass.jpg

Towards the end of our day... I was rewarded with another beauty fish. Man catching these big ole girls never grows old... what a fight. I can't wait to get back here in late October when they start fattening up... it should be outstanding!

Boss Hog Daddy

biggie4.jpg

Here are some shots again of the weird concave forhead on these big fish. I have never seen anything like this... strange.

Bass Dent

dentheada.jpg

Bass Dent

denthead.jpg