15 year old boad - lund

GBW

Hey folks.

So I have an option in front of me for a 16'6" Lund that is 15-years old with a 120HP and a 55LB min kota on the front. It needs some work on the seats (with age that happens) and some work on the carpet & top. The boat is not kept in the water and is well cared for. The package is, boat, 120HP, 55LB, trailer and top (that needs a new pannel) for $5000.00. I have not seen it or pic's yet as it's a buddy of a buddies boat. Do you think it's worth 5K for a boat of that age? Thanks all.

Geoff

Easily worth that but he'll probably go down a bit if you barter, age doesn't really matter just look it over, the motor, for leaks, if electronics are working ect.. and how it runs, won't find one any cheaper and lunds are like Harley Davidson's they loose very little value as long as there maintained good. If you keep it the same as you get it or fix it up if need be, you could sell it in another 5 years for the same price you pay for it.

Thanks John.

I am # 2 in line for this boat as I mentioned my buddy is looking at it too. I only get a chance at it if his funds fall short for any other reason. Now I have to tell the wife (or figure out some way) as to where the $$ went if I get the chance at this boat... ;)

Edited by GBW

Geoff look at it this way... If you decide after a year or so that you don't want it, or if you needed to firesale it in a hurry, you'd still get $3500 out of it in a heartbeat because it's a Lund with over 100 ponies, so there's not much risk to you.

I'd say it's a good deal and every 15 year old boat will have issues, but that's part of the "fun" of boat ownership.

Charles

Boats that are stored inside all the time don't show their age. However, boats that are outside even only during the boating seasons that are covered hold in moisture and REALLY take a beating in the flooring, etc......

I have a fishing buddy that stores his outside while mine is stored inside and he has replaced the flooring and MANY other items while mine is only 1 year newer (23 years old) it looks like it is 15 years newer. He also has electrical problems that I don't have.

Good Luck on your purchase venture,

Bob