City Of Kitchener Signs - Please Vote (NF)

dobee

Hey everyone,

Just wanted to let you all know that the city of kitchener has an open vote for their new signage to be installed on hwy. 401 and hwy. 8 cutoff and on the homer-watson cutoff.. This is a online vote... winner wins the tender to produce the signage (well over 100k/ per sign)

The company i work for (Pride Signs) has made the cut to the final 4. This was a combined effort by me and 3 other designers..

If you have a minute please go to the link provided and cast your vote:

http://www.kitchener.ca/living_kitchener/sign.html

ps: we are Sign B, and we were told you can only type 100 words for your sign, but others cheated!!!!!

thanks alot!

Joe

Even though I can't vote, I did look at them and I like B the best.

I can tell you that Homer Ransford Watson would turn over in his grave if he knew that you hyphenated his name.

Hope you win.

Although I can't vote, if I could I would vote for 'B.' Your sign is the only one that made a connection to the Grand River by including the bridge. Very nice!

One thing I'm not crazy about is the city logo that everyone had to use. The 'stylized' clock tower. Cuz unless you're told what it is, you don't really know what it is.

Anyhoo, goodluck!!!

city of kitchener had some very very strict rules when it came to their logo.... everyone involved was very limited in what they could do to make a reasonable highway sign.....

we had some great ideas but they were turned down by the city due to the logo requirements... oh well!!

thanks for voting!