Emily provincial park

timmeh

Guys and gals,

A group of friends and I are heading up to Emily provincial park for the coming long weekend. It's not a fishing trip by any means, but a couple of the guys and myself will probably try our luck at some point. But I'm not familiar with the area at all, so I have no idea were to start. I've looked for one of those backroads map books but can't find the one that covers that area. Since it's not a real fishing trip we will not have a boat, but may consider renting a canoe. If we do this we probably will not head out into the big lake (pigeon) since i'm sure it will busy, rather just stay in the river. So.. does anyone know if there are fishing spots within the park, or near by. Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Tim

You could rent a boat at marina street.

Here is what you will see once your at the park a view of pigeon river.

2771212.jpg

You could try fishing the weed beds.

It's been years since i was there hope that helps

Happy :Gonefishing: this long weekend

Sorry -- never been to that particular area, but I would think that by the location, you're in a pretty good fishing area...gotta be some bass in there...hopefully someone on here will be able to boost your confidence

I was at Emily Provincial park last summer. There are 3 possible fishing points there if I recall correctly. My advice would be to go nightfishing at the docks which have a lot of lighting which attract baitfish and their predators. Specifically, I had good luck catching nicely sized crappie off the dock. Just toss it as far away from the dock as possible, if I recall water depth was about 2-5 ft. I caught the crappie on small white twister tail worms, I think the reflection of the light off the white color was attractive. The sign says no fishing but I don't think anyone would mind as long as you're not too many ppl and not littering. Good luck! The dock I am talking about is the one where they store personal watercraft like pedalboats and the like.

Edited by Bass Killer

try under the bridge, we were there last summer (or the summer before) and got some nice crappie from there. if you're sitting on the beach there the bridge is off to your right. dunno how to get there if you dont have a boat, we had a canoe and headed there that way. small jigs under floats worked for us. lots of nice looking for water for bass around the park.

had a musky try and hit a crappie i was bringing in.

There is a resort called "Triple T Cedars" right next to Emily PP. They rent boats & motors. That is a great stretch to fish. All around the bridge as well as along the lily pads after the bridge. Just outside the swimming area of "Triple T Cedars" and up by the floating sign for "Fee's Landing". We spent a week throwing spinnerbaits and caught 70 bass, 9 musky & 4 walleye.

The Triple T dock holds some monster LM waiting there, but i dont think you can go on their dock without renting

dawn + dusk is like magic there, although you will need to be pulling fish out of some very very thick slop