Need private marine mechanic in GTA

idesign

Guys.Does any1 know any marine mechanic in GTA.my old Johnson outboard has choke problem.I called Bluffers park marina and they are asking too much $$ just to check.If you know some1 who is doing repair at home and has reasonable price pls let me know.thank you.

Here is problem i am having.if some1 know the solution it would be great.

My outboard is starting.The outboard is running when choke is on.As soon as i put choke back off the motor stops running in around 15 sec.I noticed that choke is not going all the way in as it was going in before.Also when the motor is running the put speed lever to fast i dont see any increase in the speed of motor.can some1 tell me what could be the problem.Your great help would be appreciated.thank you

It sounds fuel starved, change filter-ensure bulb is not collapsing when running-vent is open on tank? Does the engine pick up if you pump the bulb when its sputtering out?

How about the carb....is your float moving freely or stuck pushing needle preventing carb from calling for fuel?....or old gas varnished up carb orifices?

Guest Johnny Bass

I had a similar problem and it was the fuel pump. But I would check the filter, make sure its not clogged and check the fuel connections in the gas line. It could also need new spark plugs. But more likely it is a fuel related problem.

first things first

Fuel filter

spark plugs

look for cracked lines

bent choke mechinism

run some sea foam through it

tap the carb tanks it might losen a stuck float

try all this first and get back to us i do know people that can do this