need help installing electric downrigger

idesign

There should be a male style plug to connect that one with bare wires which will connect to your power source, then you need to figure the color code of the wires, typically black is the negative lead. Do not connect any live wires to a vented lead acid battery terminal though as the sparks could cause an explosion.

There should be a male style plug to connect that one with bare wires which will connect to your power source, then you need to figure the color code of the wires, typically black is the negative lead. Do not connect any live wires to a vented lead acid battery terminal though as the sparks could cause an explosion.

Hello Wild

thx for reply.i didn't get any other plug with it.so is there any option to try connecting with out it or do you know where i can buy this male plug.

Also i dont have deep cycle battery.i have new starting battery.do u think i will be able to test it with this or i need to get deep cycle battery.let me know.thank you

Edited by New Angler

If it has a red wire and a black wire just cut the plug off.When you install them make sure you use at least 12 or 16 guage wire with a 20amp inline fuse.If you want mount a plug so you can unplug them to remove them any automotive store should carry a male and female pig tail harness.

Dan

If it has a red wire and a black wire just cut the plug off.When you install them make sure you use at least 12 or 16 guage wire with a 20amp inline fuse.If you want mount a plug so you can unplug them to remove them any automotive store should carry a male and female pig tail harness.

Dan

i just checked the plug.it has White & Black wire.i will try to see if i can get female plug.if not i will try to get guage wire with a 20amp inline fuse and try with it.BTW,do u think i can try using my Starting battery cause i dont have deep cycle battery.let me know and thx for help

Yes good advice from Percher, Personally I would prefer to use a weatherproof connector for any use. If you want to test the downrigger now then two heavy duty alligator clips could be used to connect the leads or if you are going to use a different connector then cut that one off. I don't know where to get a male connector for that brand you would have to check your stores. A starter battery will work just fine.

Yes good advice from Percher, Personally I would prefer to use a weatherproof connector for any use. If you want to test the downrigger now then two heavy duty alligator clips could be used to connect the leads or if you are going to use a different connector then cut that one off. I don't know where to get a male connector for that brand you would have to check your stores. A starter battery will work just fine.

thx fore reply.i will check out tomorrow morning and will post result.thx for help to all who replied