Fish report

holdfast

It was really Hot this weekend, so I ended up fishing late Friday and Saturday. On Friday I got to Big River around 7 Pm, so I decided to stay close and went to Cowan Lake. It was mostly a test for my 9.9 Yamaha that I just bought and my new Portable Fishfinder. They both worked great and before I knew it , darkness fell. Back to the trailer to enjoy some whisky and beers while listening to Zepplin, Doobies etc. The next Day I decided to take a 40 min drive and fish Hacket lake. I got there around 6 Pm and the water was calm. I was alone which is the way I like to fish, of course I also had the Red Dog. Not much of a picture except to show the water and some back ground. Incidently you can see where at one time, the bottom of the boat once had a carpeted platform which I had removed. I find this boat unbelievable heavy.

P8160002.jpg

This picture shows the shoreline which is beautifully untouched except the up rooted trees from a storm last year.

P8160001.jpg

I decided that I would troll and maybe bait fish using frozen minnows. I would find out that trolling was more successful. I also decided to bring my ball cap light which proved a good Idea later when I cleaned the fish in the dark at the cleaning hut.

P8160003.jpg

My Tackle would be my Mitchell 300x which I use for casting, My Spider Cast with the Ugly Stick and Spider Wire for trolling and heavy casting, and my favorite,an ultra Light Daiwa 700 Tournament with an ultralight Eagle Claw. A 15 dollar rod I bought about eight years ago at Walmarts. I could never find a rod that comes close to the sensitivity. I would use this for bait fishing.

P8160005.jpg

My Main Trolling Rod would be a one Piece Berkly Hunter rod with an Ambassador C3

P8160006.jpg

I caught several small Pike using my Rapala Perch color.

P8160009.jpg

As the sun went down the Pickerel started to hit. I caught this guy trolling 15 feet of water

P8160004.jpg

I would keep two Pickerel that I would eat once I got back to the Trailer

P8160012.jpg

P8160011.jpg

What a Beautiful Sunset. Our Licence Plates is right when they call this place LAND OF THE LIVING SKY. I'm really not looking forward to the Winter, Where Did The Summer Go?

P8160008.jpg