Hooked again!

kemper

Well as I mentioned in another post I am in Whistler, BC for two weeks with my friends riding the most epic Downhill mountain bike trails in the world and enjoying company from the pros of the sport at Crankworx 2008. Now when I came out here I had no intention of going fishing...that is until I saw an ad for helicopter summer run steelheading 45 minutes north of the mountain and well, I got hooked again.

I aint gonna be cheap, but it is going to be the trip of a lifetime! I mean how could a die hard steelheader come out west and not fish some of the most amazing runs around?

Dont worry, I brought the camera and at 2 pm thursday afternoon im off to live the dream!

A report is to follow, keep your stick on the ice

Whatdaya wanna go up in a mixmaster fer? Them thar thangs is fer mixin' dough, not galivantin' off to chase fish. Serve ya right if all ya caught was a mess of nasty ole catfish - great long-whiskered ones with whiskey breath. said the same thing to a friend of mine who thinks he's purty smart fer flying up to the top of mountains to ski down. I asked him "What's the point? Yer already safe at the bottom." but he said "There are only three truly great peaks in this world , and I wanna climb 'em all." Apparently the helicopter is an efficient way of getting up above the easy parts. Using a mixmaster to fish is so technological, next thang ya know we'll be using sonar and tv - oh ..... wait. Never mind.

JF

Good on you Kemper for recognizing an opportunity and taking it. A couple years ago my son was in BC and really wanted to go Halibut fishing but was griping about the cost. I reminded him that we don't have Halibut in Ontario. This past spring I didn't have to tell him anything when he seized the opportunity to fish Dorado in Fort Lauderdale.

Life's to short to be saying shoulda/coulda.... enjoy the trip and don't fall off your bike!