NF: Big Brother Car Insurance

Guest Lundboy is Done

I'd sure want to know what the fine print says on that policy and just what part of my driving habits this thingy records. What if it absolves the company of responsibility if I've ever exceeded the speed limit or something like that. I doubt there's a driver alive who hasn't lit it up a little at least once.

On the other hand it may just be a scrutiny that only someone who's a relatively safe driver would be willing to subject themselves to and the company is playing the percentages that since you believe you're a careful driver then you probably are. Kinda like the no-smoker clause in life insurance.

JF

I'm sure that was introduced a while back, maybe the same company and there were oh so many naysayers because big brother was watching. Drive like an :asshat: then you should pay more. I've got about 38 years of driving with no tickets, one crash attributed to a Villeneuve driver from PQ and I drive defensively. See a stop sign, may as well slow down, stale green, why waste gas to speed up to try and beat it, etc. Up to 60% off is a pretty good incentive.

I'm sure that was introduced a while back, maybe the same company and there were oh so many naysayers because big brother was watching. Drive like an :asshat: then you should pay more. I've got about 38 years of driving with no tickets, one crash attributed to a Villeneuve driver from PQ and I drive defensively. See a stop sign, may as well slow down, stale green, why waste gas to speed up to try and beat it, etc. Up to 60% off is a pretty good incentive.

It's kinda like the Grey Power thing. Most of us get a little more conservative about our driving habits as the hair gets greyer, or less thick. Of course then there comes a turnaround point when the motor skills and vision deteriorate and then you get a driver like the little old lady I followed just now. She really has no business being out on the road IMNSHO. I wonder if a car monitor would point out her shortcomings as a driver.

JF

:whistling: Ya, how about the hair getting greyer and thinner :thumbsup_anim: As for some of the golden drivers, I know transport may be their last bit of freedom, maybe some should sell the car and use the proceeds for cab fares. Highway 26 is one of the notorious ones for old phogy "sight seeing tours", Hey Martha, look there's Charlies cow in the paddock gettin humped by another cow, meanwhile rolling at 50 in an 80 zone on the wrong side of the road. :wallbash: I think when that time comes, I'll resort to waddling down to the river with my rod.

:whistling: Ya, how about the hair getting greyer and thinner :thumbsup_anim: As for some of the golden drivers, I know transport may be their last bit of freedom, maybe some should sell the car and use the proceeds for cab fares. Highway 26 is one of the notorious ones for old phogy "sight seeing tours", Hey Martha, look there's Charlies cow in the paddock gettin humped by another cow, meanwhile rolling at 50 in an 80 zone on the wrong side of the road. :wallbash: I think when that time comes, I'll resort to waddling down to the river with my rod.

We can only hope we feel the same way when we're faced with the decision for ourselves.

JF