Please don't fish around cottagers' docks

cram

HAHAAH. May I suggest a little Panthera, or Tool??! I'd grove to that if you plucked my dock for an hour..

By the way, catchy name, where'd you get the inspiration for something like that?

You got the right dong to fit that yaouge arse?

Just goofing around mang.

teeheeh

HD

ahahah, RIP DIMEBAG

Wow. LOL. I am sure he was kidding. People need to chill out a bit here.

True dat. :canadian:

ya no kidding eh. sooner or later i wont be able to even fish. people will be sittin on their docks with rock salt in their shotguns scaring away " pesky fishermen"

" hey earl, have u been up north lately?"

" yea cliff i have, those fisherman are really bad this year eh?"

" i know i know, there must have been a hatch or something, i had to burn a couple fishtronella candle to stink em outta my area"

Charles brought up a good point-by adding a dock to the water you are changing fish location and behaviour-maybe the real answer is to ban docks altogether, like I said before they are not natural to the lake! cottagers can keep their boats on marine railways on THEIR property-problem solved!

A few divisive comments about a cottager's right to the water. Lets be clear....i don't own the water. I don't own the fish under my dock. I know that.

What i'm asking is -- please pay me (and others like me) the same respect you would for someone out in their boat. If you saw someone on their boat fishing, or a boat parked with a family swimming around it, and/or just parked would you troll close by? Would you stop and cast around them? I feel the same way about my dock. Treat me and my dock the same way you'd treat others with tehir boats out on the water.

Keep in mind that i am an AVID fisherman. I go there primarily to fish....and even though i know that docks are amazing places to fish you'll never find me trolling closely to or casting into someone else's dock. I feel that strongly about it.

What i'm asking is -- please pay me (and others like me) the same respect you would for someone out in their boat. If you saw someone on their boat fishing, or a boat parked with a family swimming around it, and/or just parked would you troll close by? Would you stop and cast around them? I feel the same way about my dock. Treat me and my dock the same way you'd treat others with tehir boats out on the water.

That's very different than:

Problem is more often than not that dock belongs to a cottager, and this is one cottager asking you to please don't fish around my dock. Don't troll closely by. Don't stop to cast around or under it.

Just remember that when you troll closely by a dock or stop to cast around/under it, there's likely a cottager JUST LIKE ME looking out at you who is very irritated.

Because if you are fishing on the dock, that's very very different than if you're up in your cottage looking down in an irritated fashion.

Maybe you realized you were wrong to ask what you originally did and have changed your stance. That's good, because I think 99.9% of the people would be in agreement that fishing a dock that is occupied by an angler is bad form. But fishing an unoccupied dock in a responsible fashion is totally and completely acceptable.

I would never consider fishing a dock with an angler already on it. But if you're up in your cottage, then game on. 2 totally different scenarios.

Charles

you are right...

the kind of person that knows where and how to catch big bass.

Does your E-penis feel a little bigger now? I bet it does.

I am not debating if you can catch bass or not. Its obvious with your "I'll do whatever it takes to catch a bass" attitude, you are able to produce fish.

But I wonder how many kids you had to run over or how many landmines of hooks you had to set up on people's docks, in order to catch that bass.

Cram has made his point. Everything has been said that needs to be said. It appears as though most people are respectful, courteous folks. Let's stop this one now before someone decides to take it to another level...a lower one.

I was going to stay out of this heated arguement but after thinking more about it I have a deal for you and all other cottage owners.

If you can guarantee no jet skis or water skiers will ever bother me while I am working a quite bay on Lake X I will never fish another dock again. What do you think, is it a deal :rolleyes:

Bob