In Deference To GCD

JohnF

So I went into a Dollarama store in some little bitty burg on Georgian Bay and there were all these green lizards - so I bought some. Frankly, I think they'll scare the crap outa my resident SMB but he says they work, so I'm loading up, next time out, with 8" Smoke/Chartreuse Rattle Lizards. We'll see how they work.

I also grabbed some 8" Rattle Ribbon Tail Worms in motor oil and purple colours plus a few packs of Storm Hair Jigs. The hair jigs look big enuf fer a smallish musky to feed on - I've caught smaller wgsf, but it'll be fun scaring the snot outa the local fish population. They aren't biting anyway. If I start catching living fish on these peculiar pieces of rigging, then Dawg is my new hero, along with the guy who invented Dollarama stores.

It just occurred to me that a snake smaller than these plastic lizards scared my wife this weekend on Manitoulin Island. Hopefully the fish have bigger cojones than my wife - hmm - I'd better work on that statement. Ignore it fer now.

JF

John, I think a 4" plastic lizard will do better for your creek SMB. The 8" are a LMB bait, and you won't have to worry about catching a bunch of dinks on an 8"er, when that Largie eats that 8" lizard... it'll be a good solid fish!

Edited by Greencoachdog

John, I think a 4" plastic lizard will do better for your creek SMB. The 8" are a LMB bait, and you won't have to worry about catching a bunch of dinks on an 8"er, when that Largie eats that 8" lizard... it'll be a good solid fish!

So that's a gay-ron-tee that I'll only get PB largemouths with the 8" bait? I'm takin' a whole herd of them the next time I go to Garry2r's. Yee-haw! No more dinks.

JF

Hey John, I just picked up a bunch of the pink/white bucktails today at the Dollarama around the corner.

They'll work just fine for jiggin' up summertime lakers ;) .

Now ya tell me. I was just fishin' fer lakers on manitoulin on Tuesday. We had just about reached the point where we'd jig with Tinkerbells if we'd had any, and all of a sudden we got a doubleheader of little bitty lakers, but lakers nonetheless. We ate 'em both. Of course I'm not sure my BIL woulda stopped the big boat fer any pansy jiggin".

JF