NF..Need original Cream Pie recipe....NOT LOW FAT

Hi all:

I need help. I need an original, full fat recipe for cream pie for a special occassion. Every recipe I have tried doesn't come close to the pie I tasted at my husband's french canadian relatives over 10 years ago. They aren't around so I can't ask them.

I'll try anything you suggest, I think it is full cream but I'm really not sure. I don't know how they get the stiff consistency with the creamy taste.

Thanks in advance.

Pam

Morning Pamela

Not sure what you have tried but maybe this one will work....

1/2 cup warm whole milk

4 Tbls cornstarch

2 cups whole milk

1/3 cups sugar

1/4 tsp salt

2 egg yolks (beaten)

1 1/4 tsp vanilla

1 Tbls butter

Combine the 1/2 cup of milk and cornstarch first. Combine the remaining milk, sugar, salt and eggs then add the milk and cornstarch mixture. Over medium heat, stir CONSTANTLY. Bring to a boil, continue to boil for a full 2 minutes...keep stirring. Just before removing it from the heat, stir in the butter and vanilla. Allow 10 minutes of cooling time (I like to cover this with wax paper to prevent a skin from forming) , whip and pour into baked pie shell. Top with meringue, whip cream, whatever you like

It has been my experience with this recipe that to achieve a creamy yet firm consistency, it should be allowed ample time to set. I prepare it the day before I intend to serve it.

Hope you find one that works!!

Edited by bly