it's on tape she laughs as my 20 pounder gets away

scuro

th_MOV00723.jpg

In this vid I've taken over my wife's rod because she has caught her second 20 pound Chinook one right after another, and her arms are like rubber. She fishes some first while I am playing the fish and then decides that she probably should document the catch...but first we get a bit of background from her. Meanwhile I'm having to go down the river to land this fish but she doesn't follow. The snicker comes right at the end of the clip and isn't too loud so you got to listen for it. We only heard it today when we played it for relatives.

Edited by scuro

Are you complaining or collecting video evidence that shes a witch when it comes time for the divorce? :whistling:

lol On the positive side she loves fishing, goes on trips with me, and doesn't complain when it rains or is cold. She is new to this and hasn't learned the fishing manners that one is supposed to have. I remember last year we came into the lodge after a particularly cold and rainy brutal day out on the lake. We had managed to catch a large pike and no one else was catching anything...she blurted out, "we smoked em all", at the dinner table with 20 guys, while I slowly slide under the table.

For the moment I am enjoying her pride and relish in her skills. :)

Edited by scuro

She is new to this and hasn't learned the fishing manners that one is supposed to have.

Are the "fishing manners" that you are talking about NOT laughing while videotaping? Plenty of guys laugh hysterically when stuff like that happens out on the water. :lol:

Are the "fishing manners" that you are talking about NOT laughing while videotaping? Plenty of guys laugh hysterically when stuff like that happens out on the water. :lol:

Yeah maybe with dink fish but with a 20 pound Chinook? Laugh in my face when I lose a twenty pound Chinook and I'll toss you in to chase after her! :oops: "oops, I slipped and the only way I could get my balance was by grabbing you"....the boat gets really slippery when even a tiny bit of water is on the floor. :devil:

Edited by scuro

I hear ya scuro....that's why I count it as a landed fish if it gets boatside/streamside, regardless if I get to hold it up or not. :thumbsup_anim:

The real thrill is feeling the hit and fighting the fish....those chinnys fight like nothing else I've ever felt on the end of a line....the power of their runs is amazing.