(NF) - York 3230 Home Gym

if anyone has this York 3230 home gym and know what the problem with the butterfly press? the problem is the weights dont start to lift, or any resistence till about 3/4s of the motion, whats wrong? its like the cable may be too long, but if we tighent it then the middle part that holds the weights are lifted, can any toss a bone?

There should have been a set of shorter cables included for the butterfly press. At least there was with mine.

yeah ive heard, do u know how i can get a shorter cable or shorten it myself?

and how bout the maxium resistence cable, how do u adjust that, says its max can be 160lbs or so

• 8 months later...
yeah ive heard, do u know how i can get a shorter cable or shorten it myself?

and how bout the maxium resistence cable, how do u adjust that, says its max can be 160lbs or so

I changed all the cables. I used 1/16'' coated cables instead of the 1/8'' that came with the system. The 1/16'' is much more flexible and it now works really well. At first I didn't like it at all and I've noticed that the guy who sold it to me didn't install it properly.

By the way, adjusting the cables is very easy. Just use a 1/8'' sleeve (me it is 3/32'') and make a loop with the cable. I also thin that it is possible to add weight to it even if they say that we can't. I will try it if i can find other weights.