Boat covers

Sandman

Hey people, I'm long time watcher (reader) and would appreciate some info on a good canvas shop (workmanship and price). I have a 17' crestliner that needs a custom cover. I'm located in Bolton (just north of the city). Thanks, Sandman.

Great question about a mooring cover. I am in Richmond Hill and also looking for a good custom made mooring cover for my LUND (with clips, not down straps). BTW, John, the links are not working. It'd be great if someone who had had a cover made lately would help here.

Thanks,

Great question about a mooring cover. I am in Richmond Hill and also looking for a good custom made mooring cover for my LUND (with clips, not down straps). BTW, John, the links are not working. It'd be great if someone who had had a cover made lately would help here.

Thanks,

Use the search option at the bottom of this page. Put in custom canvas and there will be lots of results.

Using domes or clips was the way that I wanted to go on my Princecraft but a custom cover was close to $1000, quote was similar from two places. I have ordered a custom cover from boatcovers.com for less than $400 US.

If you want the info on the two companies that I tried PM me and I will dig out the quotes.

John, $400 was a cover with straps, right? Was it the clips thing that brought the price up so stiff (to $1000), or is it just the price gap between us the States is so steep? I have an excellent cover (original LUND one) but those straps are starting to get to me...

How much did you pay Daniel?

Thanks a lot for sharing these guys.

Cheers, Mad

John, $400 was a cover with straps, right? Was it the clips thing that brought the price up so stiff (to $1000), or is it just the price gap between us the States is so steep? I have an excellent cover (original LUND one) but those straps are starting to get to me...

How much did you pay Daniel?

Thanks a lot for sharing these guys.

Cheers, Mad

I had my tie-down trailering cover that came with my Crestliner converted to a snap-on mooring cover by this guy, Sew-It-All just south of Bridgenorth 705-292-0628. Cost me about $200, he did an excellent job.

I don't see why any custom cover maker couldn't do the same thing, I just brought the boat to him with the cover strapped down just the way I wanted and he installed at least 40 -50 snaps and re-inforced anywhere he thought necessary. All the tie-downs are still there if you want to strap it down when trailering, I never do, the snaps hold it very secure.

Roughly $1100, Cover, removable piping over the windshield for protection and rubbing of cover and less sagging, heavy duty, and I mean heavy duty material, bungies, rope going through the cover to tighten it and motor cover with same material and bungie going through materal to lock on the motor. This was what made me happy, every corner the touches the boats metal eg. gas cap, all corners, they reinforced with double material.

Daniel

Been 4 years now, no rips, holes, of rub up tears of any kind. Just to clarify, this is a thick, custom, industrial material, not the c r a p that they sell at BPS or CTC. If you can afford custom, than this is what you are looking for. The material is custom fit, you leave the boat there for a few days. Every inch of the cover fits like a glove. I spent the money to protect my $22,000 investment.

Oh Ya ask Robert what colour fades less, I got green and hasn't faded at all.

Few pics of the cover,

106-0680_IMG.jpg

106-0681_IMG.jpg