New/used boat

misfish

Something I have been thinking about when looking at a new boat. They all come with full warrantys and some used units, will come with remaining warranty.

My question,s are, for the ones that bought brand new and one,s that have bought used with remaining warranty.

How many of you have had to use any part of your new full warranty?Type of boat and motor. Motor size would help also.

How many have bought with remaining and was there a way to buy extended?

I got an eye on a couple that have remaining,and will be looking to see if theres extending or not.

Thought I would just ask here to see whats what.All boats have mercs except one,the other is a yammy.

HP ranges from 90 to 175.

All used boats are with,n 5 years old.

Thanks

Brian

Brian me son, I would think that with the experience you have on the water with boats that you'd be better equipped than most to gauge whether a boat will last or not. A talk with the owner then a run on the lake should do it. I've never had to use a warranty so I guess I'm not the guy to ask. I KNOW you'll do well me brudder....life owes ya. Good luck.

I work at a dealership and all we do is transfer warranty to new owner .You are able to buy extended warranty up to 7yrs on new motors(very reasonable approx $1000-$1400 for the extra 4yrs and it is directly from Mercury no third party).As for used the same applies .Say the motor has 1yr warranty left you can still buy the extended at the same price as the new.If it is out of warranty you will pay a little more to cover but may be worth it.My experience with motors is if you are going to have a problem with a motor it will be in the first year as everything starts settling.Hope this helps if you want exact pricing you can pm me and I call send you an email with all the prices.We service alot of the bass pros in Ottawa so we are very familiar with the amount of usage that you guys put on your motors and reliabilty is a must as well as coverage.Cheers

I've never had a warrenty issue with anything. Although my old Astro van had a recal on seat bolts after 15 years, giggled about that one.

I am trying to sell my boat as we speak and asked about the warrenty. My dealer said no worries just bring it in. If it's a good company they are going to back their product, regardless.

I never buy into the extended warrenties, they are for the most part just another revenue source. On of our dealers for bikes wants us to do this, but I refuse because I cannot justify charging a customer more for something that they do not need.

Did you get the PM I sent you?