ring found in grand river walleye's mouth

chewy

i was down at the grand river fishing last night with 2 buddys and we caught around 20 or 25 walleye with only 4 keepers it was nice to see all the small ones in there.one of the walleye i caught had a tag in its lip .the tag has a number and omnr on it what is it for.any help is greatly appreciated

.....Tagged fish is part of a study for sure. Perhaps a stocking or movement study? Call the Ontario Ministry of Natural Resources (omnr) to report your catch. They'll likely ask a few questions on location, size, date, etc.

I believe Fishmaster posted some information about the Grand 'eyes stocking and tagging programs. I believe if you call the MNR and give them the tag number they can tell you where that fish was stocked, tagged, caught before, etc. Pretty cool that you caught one.

And wow, you really did well on the 'eyes. I've never caught more than a dozen in a day on the Grand.

ya the biggest was around 3 or 4 pounds and i will have pics of fish to follow soon as i get them off of buddys camera. we have been going good on the grand this year for the eyes and this was the best night for them by far tight lines all

Edited by chewy

My friend and I fished the Grand last weekend aswel, we caught a total of 3 eyes, 2 smaller ones being tagged fish. I caught the biggest being 4.6lb without any tags. Lots channel catfish. Maybe next weekend I'll bring the boat instead of just shore fishing.

Drop-shot with live crawler

DSC00098.jpg

DSC00102.jpg