fishing YORK area

modny

anyone ever fish this area? near the birdge overpass?

it looks shallow like caledonia, i was going to wade in it.

its it little more rapidy, i was hoping for some smallies or something

any help?

e

Good day, under the bridge is not shallow. Good though. Just down the is a small riffle. Being carefull you can walk out there. Ckeck each step so you don't step into a hole or crevice. Also drop a minnow into some of the pockets. You nevr know what is hiding in there.

Have fun

Kinda have to caution you a bit------you don't want to fill those waders in strong current and hope that life jacket will keep everything good---liken those waders to 2 huge pails---hard to swim in---remember also in current that if you are inadvertently swept downstream to keep those feet as high as possible--cause if you lodge a foot under a limb or rock the current keeps pushing you down.

Don't want to deter you but couple things to keep in mind.

Bushart

I agree. Don't need waders with the water this warm. Just wear high top good shoes and shorts. If not a good swimmer and inflatible pdf would be a good investment.

The pole is a good idea as well.

Take along a small silver mepps as well. Cast down and bring back slow, just ticking the bottom.

But keep your pole up to avoid snagging up

Good luck.

Same as Caledonia for species. Bass, Walleye, Pike, Crappies, Carp and catfish all readily available if you're up for a day of wading.

I gotta say ditto on the wading stick though. There are a lotta deep spots that way, they come up on ya quick.

In the fall it can be a sleeper steelie spot if you catch them moving through.

Summer, small bass & pike. I used to throw a few casts around there passing through, biggest I ever saw was a 4lb. pike.

There's also schools of mooneye around, a few guys flyfish for them. Very scrappy & tasty bbq'd if you find the 12"ers.