Where to fish in the Collingwood area?

Victor

Hi gang,

I'm staying at the blue mountain resort from Fri-Sun this coming weekend with the girlfriend's family. I'm planning to bring my 14' tinny and fish on sunday on the way home. This will be my first time boat fishing this area and I do not have much idea on where to go. I would prefer a place that's on the way back to Toronto and it would be nice if there's a free boat launch. The only place that I know of would be the north end of Simcoe/South end of Couchiching (I know it's out of the way but I don't know anywhere else). Little lake maybe? But I don't know where I can launch. O yeah, I'll be targeting Bass/pike.

It would be great if someone can tell me where to go and directions on where to launch my rig. Not looking for honey holes, just general areas.

Please PM me if you do not want to share with the public.

Thanks in advance!

Victor

Hey Victor,

I think in your suggested location you picked a good spot!

I would definitely go the Simcoe/Couch route if you're targeting those guys, especially the bass.

Right between the two lakes is hwy 12. You come off the 400 and go east towards the narrows. It's a little ways, 3-6 licks at least. Past an OPP station, Timmies and I think even Trombley's tackle (not 100% threre)?

Anyway, point is there is a free launch that gets you onto the north shore of Simcoe in a little bay. It's been a few years but I'll do my best...

As you drive east, you will definitely see the boat launch signs at some point (small, I think brown sign with just a boat launching photo/design).

You actually need to turn right onto a residential street as you follow the signs and it's just up ahead. It is on the south side of hwy 12 and before you hit the bridge that takes you over the narrows (if you go over the water, you've gone too far).

The launch is so-so but very do-able last time I was there. The nice thing about this location is that you can fish either Simcoe or Couch. Some great smallie action in both those lakes and always a shot at a decent pike.

Hopefully someone else picks up on this thread to give you better directions as I am definitely not 100% on this.

Just a not of caution also - both those lakes whip up a wicked chop in a hurry. If it's a calm day (10-15 km winds or less), you should be a-okay in your tinbanger. Any windier than that and I would stay away. And watch the boat traffic.

Best of luck to you! By the way, after all that babbling I found a post that describes it a bit better. See pikehunter's comment on the link below (post #8).

http://www.ofncommunity.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=9275

Cheers,

MOB

Simcoe and couch are far from collingwood (1 hour to simcoe and farther to couch). Orr lake is about 35 mins away. If you message me I will tell you how to catch big bass there.

Notawasaga river is only 20 minutes (maybe less) away. Give that a try.

I'll second what Cudz has to say about Orr lake. My friends son had done well there for Bass. The only thing I know about a free launch there is where the boys put in, but they use a little 12 or so tinny and lift it in themselves off the back of the truck...don't know about using a trailer. The place I'm talking about it on North Orr lake road off 93, but Cudz might be able to help you more, and there may be a better place closer to the Elmvale side of the lake

Good luck

Maureen