Livewell problem

CRAPPIE

Hi, just want to get some input on my livewell.

It was working fine until this year, when I turned on the livewell I just hear the sound and sometimes there is only a few drops of water from the drainage hose. I need some advise for it.

Thanks in advance!

So, is it not pumping water into the live well, or is it not draining properly? If it's not pumping water in, but you hear the pump motor humming, either a stone has become jammed in the impeller and it's not turning, or a stone has get sucked up into the intake hose and it is blocked. Both have happened to me in the past. You'll burn out the pump motor if you keep running it without fixing the problem. Both are easy fixes.

So, is it not pumping water into the live well, or is it not draining properly? If it's not pumping water in, but you hear the pump motor humming, either a stone has become jammed in the impeller and it's not turning, or a stone has get sucked up into the intake hose and it is blocked. Both have happened to me in the past. You'll burn out the pump motor if you keep running it without fixing the problem. Both are easy fixes.

Same thing happens to my wash machine all the time! It just does not want to drain due to a lodged coin or other debris in the impeller. Easy fixes.

forrest

thanks for information, can you tell me how to fix it. i don't have a trailer right now untill end of the season. so i don't know how to fix it now, it is not easy for me at all

1) find hose

2) look into hose

3) remove visible objects

not solved?

4)find pump

5) remove cover by taking out screws

6)look for impeller device

7)remove foreign objects

still not fixed? Get back here and post findings.

my boat was in the water when i fixed mine...In fact I was in a Tournament while fixing it..

my impeller sucked up a Mr Twister and got jammed...while I had 5 fish in the box..

took all of 20 minutes with a pair of pliers and some tape..all 5 fish survived.

....Put a plug in the inlet of your pump.... disconnect the plumbing and electrical...

remove pump ... inspect. clean... replace...remove plug and test .. if it doesn't work ... go get a new one should run you about 35$..

What kind of boat do you have ?... usually a aluminum deluxe model is pretty easy... but if it's a big fibreglass I/O tub that's a different story ...some of those pumps are invisible and hidden behind the inboard....

Good Luck there eh !

Randy

What kind of boat do you have ?... usually a aluminum deluxe model is pretty easy... but if it's a big fibreglass I/O tub that's a different story ...some of those pumps are invisible and hidden behind the inboard....

I think this is the key question here since his boat is in the marina year round, it might be a good size boat.

My setup is like the one you described. both engines and fish tanks are below deck under flat covers and the pumps are in with the engines. the bluewater pump is in the head but that was my own install.