very late bass opener report - lots of pics

SBCregal

We went on a houseboat trip out of Gananoque for a week that ended on the bass opener. Right after we got home me and my girlfriend moved into a new apartment, hence the late LATE report.

Anyways, we got to Gananoque on the saturday before opener, picked up our houseboat got all loaded up (the boat, not us...that came later heheh) and headed out

Our home for the week, with Trevors boat

cruise021.jpg

Once we got to where we'd be docking for the evening we settled in and then me and my buddy Trevor were off fishing, he brought his boat and we towed it behind the houseboat. We fished for pike for the week and after figuring out a pattern got into a few fish. The biggest pike for the week came in at around 4.5lbs.

Ever excited for the bass opener we spent alot of time scouting spots for the upcoming saturday. Finally the friday comes around and its down to getting all the bass gear ready.

We were up nice and early on the saturday morning as we only had a few hours to fish before we had to have the houseboat back at the docks by 9am. We woke up to nice calm waters and a mist over the whole lake.

This was the view from the back end of the houseboat as we got ready to get out on the water

cruise194.jpg

I tied on a bubblegum coloured senko wacky style and started casting into the rocky shorelines of some small islands, and on the first cast...fish on, a nice little scrappy smallmouth

cruise195.jpg

Trevor ties on a texas rigged brown/chartreuse worm and... bassin season has begun

cruise196.jpg

after a few more fish Trevor ties on a senko wacky rigged as well and we catch a few more fish about the same size

cruise199.jpg

cruise203.jpg

cruise199.jpg

of course, the WGSF made an appearance...pretty nice ones at that

cruise198.jpg

cruise201.jpg

Then I toss the senko into shore and see this fish come flying in from probably 15' away, bit bigger fish

cruise200.jpg

After this, we cruise back to the spot we started to make a few more casts before ending our trip. we both cast our senkos into shore and BAM, double header. I lost mine right at the side of the boat (would've been a PB smallie for me :( ) but Trevor lands his fish.

cruise204.jpg

That signalled the end of our bass opener and the end of our GREAT houseboat trip to the 1000 islands. It was my first trip to this area, but definetely not my last. All in all, in 2 hrs of fishing we caught about 15 smallies, and numerous WGSF. not too bad at all in my eyes.

Hopefully there'll be more reports soon. As soon as the work unpacking/organizing is all done. It WILL come to an end, wont it?

Ryan

Guest Johnny Bass

Great Report! There is great fishing in Gananoque!! There are also some monster largies in the area! Thanks for sharing.