Boat launches on lake Simcoe

johnnycarpor

Hi everyone,

I am new to these boards, and also new the the world of boat ownership.

Just bought a 1975 15 'Cricket with an 85 Hp V4 Evinrude (1975 model).

Can anyone give me some advice on good places on Lake Simcoe, where a beginner such as myself can launch my boat (easily) and go fishing/cruising without risking life or limb?

I know of one public launch near Big Bay point marina, as we used to have a property right next to it... However, it was way too shallow IMO to launch a bigger boat.

Your help would be muchly appreciated!

:Gonefishing:

Edited by JohnnyCarpor

hiya....you could try the public launch at the foot of cooks bay....and if thats too shallow try right up the road at pasadena marina...10 bucks is the cost of the launch.....and a little north of that is crates marina....cooks bay is full of large mouth and pike......just have to find them.....if your looking for smallies....try any of the shoals around the islands......get a good map....not to hard to figure them out.....

all the best

hiya....you could try the public launch at the foot of cooks bay....and if thats too shallow try right up the road at pasadena marina...10 bucks is the cost of the launch.....and a little north of that is crates marina....cooks bay is full of large mouth and pike......just have to find them.....if your looking for smallies....try any of the shoals around the islands......get a good map....not to hard to figure them out.....

all the best

Thanks workwear, muchly appreciated! BTW, I noticed that you live in Aurora. I live near the old hockey complex at aurora hts/yonge.

Edited by JohnnyCarpor

hey i use glenwoods ave by keswick or osbourne by roaches or gilford road...by gilford...mind ya that's in the winter but i have launched on softwater off of gilford and plenty of bigger boats launched off of there that day.

I was going to suggest the public launch at Tiffin St in Barrie if you're thinking of fishing Kempenfeldt Bay but it may be closed some days...

Maybe Misfish can fill you in on the status...