Bassing on the Trent

PatrickGG

Got out on the water with Johnnybass today to hit up the Trent in search of a mix bag of fish but i gotta start with our last weekend missed report, Johnny and i hit balsam in search of some walleye everthing went good i hit a nice Walleye in the morning while searching for smallies off a weedline and managed to get it to the boat and it got off kinda feels like a punch to the chest when that happens same thing happened to Johnny later on in the day but we kept going and managed to boat a number of smallies and Johnny landed at least 7 Walleye through out the day and i managed to land a number of panfish and a fairly decent largie and i took pictures of them all BUT!! came mid day Johhny hooks into a huge slab of a sunfish which measured into the 10 inch mark everything was good i took a picture of it and roughly ten minutes later he hooks into a Smallie here comes out the camera to take a pic i turned it on and my memory card fried i dunno what happened maybe the camera being in the sun all day did some internal damage and all the pics are lost i still have the SD card and i am gonna keep figuring out a way to retrieve the pics, so i took out the memory card and used the onboard memory and managed two pics seen below

Johnny with one of his Walleye

001sk4.jpg

And my panfish getting prepared for the filleting

002mf6.jpg

Todays report:

We got on the river around 6:30 A.m and starting throwing tubes around and the furious rock bass couldn't leave us alone and we lost count of all the dingy small mouth we hit all day, heres a couple of shots of some of the smallies we landed in the morning

0021ad4.jpg

02ec0.jpg

Through out the day we landed a few more Smallies and a largie

006zu4.jpg

010ir1.jpg

0031id7.jpg

0041cf9.jpg

010ir1.jpg

007hr3.jpg

And the Furious fighting Rock Bass

005rx2.jpg

And my PB smallie out of the trent so far this year

008pv6.jpg

009ag7.jpg

Unfortunately we had to struggle through out the day with motor problems and we were unable to get around and we did most of our fishing close to the launch we hoped to hook into some Eyes and musky but we were unable and in doing so the day became more and more of a struggle i had some more spots to show Johnny but it was a little bit out of the way so we left it till next time, regardless of all the problems through the day we did pretty good and hopefully next time we will hook into some more fish.

Edited by PatrickG

Guest Johnny Bass

Ya it was another one of those days. Right at the launch the boat wouldn't start....The problem seems to be getting worse....We started close b7y and started to nail rock bass after rock bass! Then we hooked into a large school of small smallies. The place was full of them!!

We were having fun with the non stop action and wasted 2 hours of prime time fishing on these guys.lol

Then tried for LM and Patrick hooked a nice one. I tried and tried with the jig and pig but nothing!

Finally hooked a little smallie on it! Then a little while later it snapped off! No more Jig and pig!!!

Then we had even more engine probelms. Some girl offered her dock to let us trouble shoot and her dad and another local came by to lend a hand. The guy heated up my spark plugs and dried them off but nothing. We noticed a switch on the Yamaha that said. For Emergency. Fuel enrichment. And guess what? The engine started no problem!!! I will always buy Yamaha!!!

It didn't fix the idling problem but the boat always started after that!

Then the trolling motor wasn't working. In all the comotion a few wires got disconnected. Had to reattach and crimp them and tape them.

We basically went back to the launch and fished around there for the remainder of the day....Caught lots of small smallies and rockbass and Patrick had a muskie follow!

Oh ya, there were dead carp everywhere and schools of carp were everywhere they looked like they were in very large groups and sucking at the top of the water. Weird. Never seen that before...

We seen a Filipino man at the dock and told him about my problem. He said right away. Either Spark plugs or pickup coil(Apparently in the distributor).

It was a great day out on the lake either way. I have still yet to explore the Trent. Oh well maybe next time. I did see a deer on the way home!!!

Hopefully next time we go out, the boat will be in tip top shape!!!

Guest Johnny Bass

lol. It takes more than knowing what lures to use. You have to know how to use them! It takes skill!! I have many secret lures for bass!!

Great reports there guys! It's great to see OFNers getting out there, sharing knowledge and catching fish! Sorry to hear about the motor problems...I had starting issues at the beginning of the season, so I know what that's like!