Speed River Report

Jaymerica

Went kayaking yesterday in the speed. Figured I would try for Bass and Pike so I Put in at black bridge in Cambridge fished upstream toward Guelph ended up with a 32" Pike 15" Smallmouth and a 23" Pike. Lots of little bass as well I missed a monster Bass under an under cut bank it must have been 20"! What a great day only about 5 min. from home. Going to try Valens on Saturday and the Grand from Glenn Morris - Paris Monday. Any tips for Pike in Valens would be appreciated. Thanks.

Valens is having their yearly bass and pike derby on Saturday. There are also categories for kids. It will be very busy on the lake. Last year every rental boat they had was in use. They usually have some pretty good draw prizes as well. It is a heaviest single fish contest with length being the deciding factor in a tie breaker. You also get a 6oz bonus for live release. The bass winner is always between 5-6lbs. Last years pike was just under 9lbs but usually it is between 10-13lbs. I've had good luck on perch coloured baits for pike at Valens in the past. Maybe see you there.