used boat registration

FinS

where would one go?

i have the bill of sale and the boat ownership signed and ready to transfer

the only thing i dont have is the paperwork for the trailer what can i do for this

thanks

For the boat take the paperwork to Service Canada.. As for the trailer you need to go to the MTO taking you're bill of sale with you to pay the taxes due on the boat... if you have ZERO paperwork on the trailer, tell them it is homemade..

get you're ownership..

You're all good now.

G

... if you have ZERO paperwork on the trailer, tell them it is homemade..

get you're ownership..

You're all good now.

G

Hold on there little blue feller. There is a whole rig-a-ma-roll associated with the trailer.

What happened to the trailer paperwork/what is the history on the trailer?

forrest

He has no paperwork on the trailer... therefor no paper trail... it is "homemade"

:)

G

The MTO might buy that if you dressed up like your Avitar and did that jig while proposing it. :clapping:

If there is a VIN on it, it is not homemade and can be traced. If it is homemade then a notary has to affirm to it.

forrest

the plate fell off.... trust me forrest been there done that.. if you cannot get the appropriate paperwork for the trailer you really think the MTO is going to HELP you?.. No.. You take off the plate call it homemade and be done with it.. I figured you would have seen this from a mile away..

The MTO is not you're friend... Nor will they help you in getting a bill of sale, research its history or plate it ....unless you bend over and hand them the grease..

understand where I am going here..

Save yourself some grief if you do not have all you're duck in order on the trailer.. call it home made.

G

I hear what you are saying Gerrit. The MTO can be a real pain in the butt due with their no solution solutions; silly me never thought of cheating :P. What about the notary....I was told that that is required. Did you get yours without a notary?

forrest

Edited by forrest

Yup... just told them it was made in a garage (Which it was.. just not by me).. I was not cheating.. I just know how the system works..from my experiance.. My first boat NEVER even saw the water.. it was sold within days.. but I required a paper trail.. so I got one....

No I did not need a notary.. even if I did it is 10-20 bucks to sign a paper.. much like having them sign a "gifted" car..

G..

anyways just a heads up everything is now 100% legit

now i need to put her in the water for a test run to see if everything is in top shape

but the weather man says different today