Is Bronte worthwile for shore fishing (bass)?

Just wondering if anyone can save me some time. I enjoy going fishing locally when I can, which is far less often now that I have a 14 month old daughter! So can anyone tell me if Bronte at the mouth near the piers holds any fish worth catching, especially Bass that can be caught from shore?

The last couple of years I have been going to the Speed river in Guelph, but that seems to have dried up last summer(?), so I am looking to branch out, and thought I would give Bronte a try. So far I have gone twice, once caught a small Rainbow trout on the Lake side of the breakwalls (west river side), and once got skunked.

Any info would be appreciated, especially whether I would be better off finding new spots on the Grand waterway, or going to Bronte (Bronte is 20 minutes from home, Grand is 45 minutes +)

Thanks.

There are largemouth and crappie at Kelso conservation area right in your hometown. You can fish from shore or rent a canoe or kayak. I'd suggest taking along an ipod or some earplugs because the 401 is loud and very annoying when you're there.

Bronte off the pier can be non stop goby action if you're into that. Just let your lure rest an inch off bottom. They will hit spoons twice their size all day long.

Edited by jediangler

Allright, thanks all for the suggestions. I guess part of the issue for me is not knowing where to access the rivers from. I guess for the Credit I could go to Erindale park, no? I tried last year to access it from Streetsville and ended up going through a cemetary I think! But good to know there are 2 votes for Credit. Actually I am much more familiar with it than Bronte, having grown up in 'sauga.

As for the leeches, I have kinda sworn off live bait. Just too much hassle needing to source it, and I would put Senkos up against live bait any day.

I may give Kelso a try, thanks for the tip.

And if anyone wants to PM me access points to the Credit and or 16 Mile creek, I would be eternally grateful. For me I look for places with nearby parking and a <15 min walk to the water.

Bronte has some bass, decent size, but not alot. Only ever seen them caught very early in the morning though, and most on live bait. Credit & 16 mile has some bass, but closer to the mouth with the temps we have now than Erindale.

The Grand has a ton of bass, but from shore it will take a few trips just to find them, it is a big river and finding good spots takes a bit of leg work!

P.S. It was me & g/f that chatted you up the afternoon you caught the trout, gj!

Edited by CLofchik