Frenchmans Bay

Stoty

Lotsa largies in there.. I've also heard of smallies being caught closer to the lake..

I fish the area for pike before closer.. If you keep a low profile, you may be allowed to fish the docks in the marina. Mind you, this is way before boating season begins..

I'll see if I can dig up some pics. We've pulled some dandies from there over the years!

cheers

HD

I seen people shore fishing the channel area heading out to the lake which they access from the east side, I'm not sure if there are largemouth in that area though. Probably casting spoons or x-raps are your best bet.

also like to add that you might need a net in that area as there looks like there is no place to beach a fish.(big pike)

Edited by mikeh

I seen people shore fishing the channel area heading out to the lake which they access from the east side, I'm not sure if there are largemouth in that area though. Probably casting spoons or x-raps are your best bet.

also like to add that you might need a net in that area as there looks like there is no place to beach a fish.(big pike)

Hey Mike! Long time no see.. been many moons since that stellar day me and Doug met you there..

Do you still fish the bay much? How's it been this year?

HD

You'e best bet is off Liverpool Rd. by bridge. There is parking lot to the north of bridge.

Where the water empties into L. Ontario i caught smallmouth on 1/16 oz. jig w/smoke grub.

Would jig real tight to metal retaining wall at slow pace with chunk of worm on grub/jig.

Would have to go to deeper part up by bay.

Hope that hleps,

ehg

I dont have a float tube or anything like that. It would strictly be shore fishing.

Am I better to go on the Marina side (east) or the opposite side (west)?

I see there is the "Bruce Handscomb Memorial Park" on the west side, am I able to fish from shore there?

I dont have a float tube or anything like that. It would strictly be shore fishing.

Am I better to go on the Marina side (east) or the opposite side (west)?

Go to the east side off Liverpool Rd. bridge and travel along south shoreline.

At different times of year different species are caught. Simple worm, hook and splitshot will get bullheads now at least.

Being from down the street on the west shore I have fished this area many times,Not too successfully. You will occasionally catch Lm and Pike. The shore line on the west side is only accessible by a few locations .there is a park which is ok and you can flip some bulls or cast out from the park very shallow 3-4 fow.Or you can go to the top side of the west shore where lake Ontario meets the bay. down the street side you have a few bays but narrow casting lanes.If you go to the O side and right to the end there is private property ,but you should be able to cast out to the rock barrier to the light poles . good for smallies and occasional pike.

On the east shore again there is a park just north of the towns at the end of the road .(Liverpool) plus right at the end of Liverpool head west and you get to the channel from Frenchman's bay and the big O .

Again you can cast the rock barrier out to the light pole .

At the begging of Liverpool and bayle there is a river flow that runs into the bay and is also good for Carp.

Stoty, your best bet is just head down to the end of Liverpool and take a right. The channel that feeds into the bay is probably the best all around spot in the area. Start chucking some spinnerbaits & cranks, you should have some sucess. Lots of pike around there, and also tons of sheepies. The bass fishing can be hit or miss. Just depends on the particualr day. Best way to figure out whats biting is get out there and wet a line.

Good luck.