Lagoon City, Lake Simcoe

fisher

I am looking at renting a cottage on Lagoon City in Lake Simcoe - very neat place - the "Venice of Ontario" sometime in July.

I was hoping that someone on this board may have some info as far as the type of fishing in the area not too far from the entrance of Lagoon City. Lake Simcoe has been known to have some rough waves and I only have a 40 HP Aluminum boat so i would rather not venture too far away from home base when on that lake.

Any fishing info, inlcuding the different species we would expect in that area would be greatly appreciated.

By the way, I have downriggers - would downrigging for Lake Trout be an option in that area??

THANKS.

Wanted to bump my topic to see if anyone else has anything to share from my questions in the original post.

Also, do you know what kind of bugs (other than skeeters) we can expect in the area in the middle of July (ie. blackflies, etc...).

Thanks.

Fisher

you are looking at perch and small mouth bass, some of the biggest bass in ontario not too far from there

if you have downriggers you can troll for trout and whitefish or if you have a big anchor you can fish for whitefish and trout in the deeper water out from there

the odd walleye are caught there, but more luck then skill

hope that helps