Argg..very offended.

Anatz

Not only was he being a bully, he was breaking the law!

Fisheries and Wildlife Conservation act

Obstruction of hunting, trapping or fishing

13. (1) A person shall not interfere with lawful hunting, trapping or fishing by,

(a) tampering with traps, nets, bait, firearms or any other thing used for hunting, trapping or fishing;

(B) placing himself or herself in a position, for the purpose of interfering, that hinders or prevents hunting, trapping or fishing; or

© engaging in an activity, for the purpose of interfering, that disturbs or is likely to disturb wildlife or fish.

For the next time that might happen, take an extra copy of the regs or just the section it applies to it and highlight/circle the species, limit, and other relevant info. Also, wouldn't hurt to have the area Tony mentioned about interfering highlighted. Hand it to the guy and see if he knows how to read or ask him to show you his CO ID.

Try not to get too riled up, I hope you and your mom had some tasty sunfish. (Generally, I would prefer not to eat the fish out of Rice Lake, I find them muddy tasting.)

Can I quote?

"It is very unfortunate you had to have this experience, be proud, and if you are doing the right thing then don't worry about anything"

"Next time look him straight in the eye and tell him "No speaky ingrish"! wink.gif"

"If you let little things like that offend you, youre gonna be in for a shock someday.

who cares, youre not breaking the law so just nodd your head and do your thing."

"Hope you and your mom enjoyed the meal and don't take his comment personally.

Was the idiot telling you this also fishing? If not then maybe he was just another animal rights nut. Keep on fishing and don't let kooks like him get you down. ( Kook, now theres a word I don't here much anymore laugh.gif )"

"You didnt have to explain yourself to him."

"I hope that person's comments didn't ruin your day,......"

".. and my comment about not speaking english was to give you the oppertunity to ignore this confrontational asshat.gif

He was trying to ruin your trip, and it sounds like he did a fair job of it... despicable!!!"

"Keep on fishing and ignore the ..........!"

"Try not to get too riled up, I hope you and your mom had some tasty sunfish. (Generally, I would prefer not to eat the fish out of Rice Lake, I find them muddy tasting.)"

"I suggest not wasting any more energy on a crazy guy."

Edited by fishing

Anatz, You sound like a good son for doing what your mother asked you to do don't let some dill hole ruin it for you.

For what it is worth I had always been told my mother that sunfish are delicious..... my dad always said nope they are a garbage fish too hard to clean. Dad fishes mom never did so I listened to dad. Until last year when I was fishing and deep hooked a sunfish about a lb it was a goner. Since I already 2 smallies for the pan I thought why not try it beats feeding it to the 30 lb snapper that lives in there.

I have to say that the sunfish was fabulous very similar to crappie or pumpkinseed. Not hard to fillet at all really when they are size that one was LOL. Now I will have no problem harvesting a few of them from time when I want some fresh fish.

Edited by Canuck2fan

This guy is obviously not very well informed about fish management-, there is nothing wrong with a nice meal of bluegill or crappie-they are prolific spawners and quite plentiful-especially on Rice- I personally don't keep bass or most walleye, but I enjoy a meal once in a while of panfish, next time , just ignore him! keep fishing and have fun!