First boat trip out with boat..Scugog

forrest

No pics....the only pic of me with a fish was one that did not make it through.

Smallmouth, Largemouth, Walleye, Sunfish, Crappie, Rock Bass, Muskie (? something took a panfish and a lure)

Drifting, trolling, flipping, cranking....all added a bit more to the total.......me I was goofing around looking for lures I forgot at home and messing with the boat.

Then.....4PM

Everyone saw the storm coming....everyone ignored it for about 30 minutes. I guess they all thought like us....'just one more cast, we'll only get the tail end'.

Total torrential downpour! little wind, even less visibility for a bit. Had to pull out the bail bucket and check bearings a few times......it was great!

I would have stuck around to fish more but I told the wife at 8am I would only be gone for a couple of hours :whistling:

I may have been pressing my luck

Anyone here get caught in it?

forrest

Hey Forest, sounds like you go t a nice mix. Was surprised we didn't see any smallies but maybe next time. We almost got off the lake in time - rain started just as Mike was backing the trailer into the water. Lot of boats behind us though got pretty damned wet I'm sure

Is this the boat with the "redesigned" skeg?... If yes, how did it do?

Yep, thats the one: The redesigned skeg looked and worked great....all that worry over repairs disappeared like fish into the weeds.

The new prop worked too spec too (33mph). Kawartha Prop did great work.

forgot to mention that a loon came after our plastic......it swam fast and straight right under the boat...then we moved

As previously stated.....it was all worth it :thumbsup_anim:

forrest

Edited by forrest