Belle river MUSKIES CANADA Can-Am Muskie Classic

Handlebarz

Well once again as does the Lacair go on so does our Belle River Muskies Canada Chapter outting its our Can-Am Classic muskie challenge this year was a blast we had alot of great people return for yet another year even with the high gas prices they still made the trip over or up to see us thanks to all who came back again this year. We had some new faces to add to our group with Ron and Angelo Wendel and his girl and our new members of MCI it made for a great weekend the only thing that could have been better is if the Musky had come out a little more but that is secondary from all the reports I heard everyone had a blast and that makes me happy and also helps you realize that all the hard work that our members have done was for yet another good cause some of our sponsers were out again this year as in the past. I must say THANK YOU to everyone who supports us in what we are doing here in Belle river and through out all of MCI the money raised here will help us out when we are making donations to the local comunity and for buying prizes for kids events like our fishing clinic and the two and maybe three fishing derbies this summer here in the Belle River area.Please go to the muskies canada web site and look us up for events we will be helping out at this summer muskiescanada.ca

ALMOST for got Squid and the Mrs. Squid made a nice trip down here just in time to enjoy the rain it was nice to share the after noon with them both.

Here is the winning team for biggest fish 50" Michelle caught it Sunday June 23rd

IMG_2444.jpg

Jack Moga Vice chairman from Muskies Inc. one of our friends from Ohio caught the second place 49"er

IMG_2449.jpg

the winenr of a nice finn saver net that was donated by the Hamilton Chapter

IMG_2461.jpg

a big smile for the winner of the Charles Weiss framed print

IMG_2458.jpg

our own Ron with a awesome hand carved knife that he will put up another pic later

IMG_2459.jpg

Captin Jack Moga again with his three trophies that he cleaned up with

IMG_2454.jpg

my wife wit hour only fish of the weekend a little 36"er

IMG_2436.jpg

Captin Jack again here wit hhis 49" second place musky I am waiting for other pics of the fish caught from the weekend

Can-Am2008.jpg

A big thanks to all our sponsers with out them this would not be able to happen

Edited by MrEh

Guest Johnny Bass

Sounds like another successful outing for the Chapter. Thats a nice long Muskie and an even bigger net! Thanks for sharing.

Thanks for the week-end report Mike and really good to hear the tourney worked out so well for you guys after all the effort that everyone put into organizing everything. I was talking to Pete on the phone yesterday and he was telling me what a great time everyone had.

Sounds like the fishing was pretty tough for the most part but there were a couple real beauts landed, and congrats to your Mrs for her fish too. :thumbsup_anim:

great going on the tourney, nice fish.

I love seeing musky pics from different bodies of water and the difference in colour patterns on them, those are some nice looking fish.

You guys hold tournies that are a far cry from the days my Grandparents had a cottage at Stoney Point, I would go there and rent a boat at the marina when I was about 14-15 and go fishing and chat to the old feller running the marina..back then when they held a musky derby most of the big fish where killed and the winners would have the heads of the muskies cut off and made into a mount...there where tonnes of them all along the doorway ect at the marina...I always though that wasn't very cool at all, and a big shame to kill all those big fish like that :(

Edited by jwl

Yes JWL you are right that things have come along way since them days, in our tourney you just need to take a quick measurement and scale sample that will be sent to the MNR for there records and then its the honer system and all fish must be LIVE RELEASED at boat side there is no need to take the fish for a ride to prove that you caught it. I guess we feel that if someone needs to cheat to win then better for them to be able to sleep at night knowing they won that way for us its all about the FUN and good times talking with friends.