Lund 1625 Rebel XL SS

cranks bait

Does anyone have this boat or seen this boat. I am torn between it or the Lund 1675 Explorer ss. The site is very "shy" on the specs for this boat. Also wanting to know how it handles ect. Being that it is 16'3. I will be putting a 75 E-tec on either one as far as power goes.

My fishing partner has that boat but with a 50 merc on it.

Excellent boat......... very stable and lots of room for two.

50 is a bit shy on power side IMO.... But perfect for the BOQ as its not a huge body of water.

Were both around the 200lbs mark and had next to none boat rock when walking from side to side casting either.

I think for the price (14k) he paid........... sweet deal.

I own a Lund Angler Tiller - 16'3 and 80" wide. Really like it. Very stable and quiet ride. Lund make real quality boats that will last a long time if cared for.

I have a 40hp 4stroke and go 25-28 mph on calm water. The bonus is being able troll at slow speeds with the 40hp, with 75hp you may need a kicker or something if you plan on doing any trolling.

Good boat for 2 ppl with 3ppl crowded but manageable.

I own a Lund Angler Tiller - 16'3 and 80" wide. Really like it. Very stable and quiet ride. Lund make real quality boats that will last a long time if cared for.

I have a 40hp 4stroke and go 25-28 mph on calm water. The bonus is being able troll at slow speeds with the 40hp, with 75hp you may need a kicker or something if you plan on doing any trolling.

Good boat for 2 ppl with 3ppl crowded but manageable.

Things are looking good for this boat. I know the 75 will be too much to troll with, I use a drift sock to get down there in speed. Being that this motor is only a few weeks old, it is coming with me. I will be getting a kicker eventually (hope my wife doesn't read this). I don't troll much to begin with so I'm not too concerned.

Hey cranks bait i have the 1625 rebel xl ss the boat is awesome lots of room

on the front casting deck the sidewalls don't interfere when casting

it handles the big water no problem i take it out

on lake Ontario for salmon and it handles great

if you where closer i would let you take it out

Rob

Misfish's father just bought one new and he posted pics here a few weeks ago. I bought the 2004 1650 Rebel SS with a 60hp 4 stroke and I love it. I had to make the same decision that you are facing. The Explorer is much wider, deeper and stable but needs a lot more HP which makes it more of cost issue. You will probably spend 10k more for the Explorer. If you have the dough get the bigger boat because either way you will be happy.

Lund.jpg

Lund2.jpg

I have a 1700 Pro Angler, Adventure Series with a 60HP 2stroke Merc, it does about 33 MPH with 4 passengers and gear. Althought its an older model boat and slightly larger, I am positive that whatever your choice you will have a boat that you will be happy with for a long time. I spend most of my time on the big lakes such as L.O. and a lot on Simcoe, of course with caution. It can handle choppy conditions very well, its very stable so you dont have to have any concerns about the casting deck. I won't deny that there were times I wished the boat was a bit bigger or deeper or had a full wind shield, when there are fish in the livewell and you are at home filleting them, it doesn't matter anymore. If there is one thing I would recommend its one of those stingray hydrofoil stabilizers that attach to your motor. It helps to get your boat on plane much quicker, allows you to cruise at slower speeds and still plane, and give you more control over how you trim the boat, which is especially handy when the water is a bit choppy, it probably even saves on gas.

Can't go wrong with that boat Cranky it is stable I have been in the 1625 Classic basically the same as the Rebel.

Almost as stable as my lund 1660 classic.Fishin Devil uses his 1625 classic often On Lake Ontario no problem in the rough stuff.

You should read up on the IPS hulls from Lund very little resistance and it saves alot on fuel.

I took my 50HP Honda from an 18ft Lund SSV bare bones aluminium and put it on my new 1660 Classic it is double the weight of the SSV

but I am using at least 30 percent less fuel.

Another great feature on those boats is the sport trac system you can slide your rod holders and accessories any where you want them on the sides without ever drilling holes and those new seats are very comfortable excellent lumbar support.

I say go for it life is short play hard :Gonefishing: