North Bay

duckdog

Just moved to north bay and I am looking for some smaller remote lakes to fish that are still accesable via trailer/boat, any help would be great, I bin out in Callander and the shore by the docks on Nip but just looking for a few more remote areas and no I dont want your secret hot spots lol. Pm me if ya dont want to post it out here and I am more then willing to take my boat/truck and you along

Nelson

only a 40 minute drive is the Loring/ Restoule area. Lots of lakes,lots of big fish and certainly more than enough small back road lakes which you can get to. Worth the effort. These lakes hold all the species you seek , as well as large and smallmouth,plus alot hold good musky numbers as well.

Edited by bowslayer

Hey all,

Im also fishing out of North Bay, i just bought a boat in fact, but it *seems* that other than the walleye fishing right off town, which i don't think lasts all summer..but i don't know really, but anyway other than the walleye there just doesnt seem to be much fishing near town,very little structure.

Am i mistaken in thinking that callander bay and south bay are the closest parts of nipissing with decent fishing for pike or bass? It's a bit of a long haul on this lake in a 16 footer. South bay more so.

And im not that particular about what i catch, i just like to fish, so any suggestions would be helpful.

Edited by blarg

Trout Lake is a great lake for bass and the odd pike and musky. I caught and 6.6lbs smallie out of there a couple of years ago!! there is a boat launch right in the Birchhaven area off town. Lake Nosbonsing is also a great lake, you can launch in Bonfield or Astorville. It has pike, musky, walleye and bass. There are many lakes to the North and also some brookie streams to the East towards Quebec. If you want any more details on whats around send me a PM and I will help out as best I can.

Mike

Thanks again for all the heads up :-) all these lakes will take some time to fish lol, I am looking for one this weekend that wont be heavy with boats, one other OFC'er suggested one I may try, I like to get away from it all so to speak :-)

Eh! You moved to North Bay... you're 35 minutes away from any species you want...fishing around here can still be challenging .... ask around and you'll get some good suggestions...

Try the Sturgeon River just 20 minutes away Silver Bass are still here in reduced #'s ... Walleye is

starting to pick up again ...hardly never get skunked ... as for trout head on up hwy 11 lots of fish to be had up that corridor 20+ lakes to choose from all within a quick drive from North Bay...

Hwy 63 towards Temiskaming has lots of spots for Specs.

:Gonefishing: :Gonefishing:

Randy.