Fish and Chip Dinner

Dondorfish

I was out on Chemong last weekend and managed to pick up a Walleye in around 3 lbs. It's been a real long time since I had a nice feed of walleye, so I figured that I would keep it for the pan.

All week at work, all I could think about was this fish and chip dinner that I would have, on Saturday night, up at the trailer. (on Chemong)

Well, Saturday finally came and I was getting ready to prepare the walleye for dinner. I went to the cupboard to grab my Fish Crisp and low and behold - got none!

The wife of my fishing partner was heading into town, so I asked her to grab me some. She came back with a box that was not Fish Crisp - oh well - we'll give it a shot! 034.jpg

And this is how it turned out:

035.jpg

And what I thought of it:

037.jpg

Anyone ever try it?

Don

:thumbsup_anim::thumbsup_anim::thumbsup_anim:

im pretty sure I had that same stuff a few months back. It was definitely the same brand name and I am pretty sure it was beer batter... so most likely the exact same thing. I remember it being fairly light as far as batter goes and I think I found it at an end of the aisle special for like 99 cents each or something like that. I'd try it again for sure.

Hey Mike - I think she picked it up at a "No Frills" - it was pretty good!

I'll ask her where she got it when I talk to her.

Don

:Gonefishing::thumbsup_anim::Gonefishing:

Mine came from a No Frills as well. I'd say start your search there. If possible.

We get our batter from the "Bulk Barn" chain. Simply use beer instead of water and the key is to let it stand for a minimum of 15 minutes before using. Just ask the guys that have been to one of my fish fries. Works awesome on button mushrooms, zucchini as appetizers as well.

Guest Johnny Bass

I've heard some good reviews of many batters this month. I think I will try Daryl Chronzy's or Fish Crisp's Jerk seasoning first and then I will give the beer batter a try.