First Musky of the year for me too!

Weeds

Sorry, no pic so don't bother scrolling down the page. So far this season in my search for Essox I've lost a Magnum Zara Spook, a Slopmaster, a Super Vibrax Musky buck and a Joe Boucher Bucktail. And had caught or even spotted, zero skis. Headed out this morning to the bait and tackle store by the causeway in Bridge North as my wife said I could choose a lure for my birthday. Went with a 9 inch weighted Suick as I've never owned one before, black head, perchish body I guess. Bought a Super 10 with my own dough too as I coudn't figure out which I liked more. After heading to my local musky waters I quickly relized that I much preferred the 9 inch weighted, seemed much easier to work. I wondered if I was working it correctly, long sharp pulls seemed right and BAMM, Mr. musky appeared to approve. Not a big fish, maybe 34ish, but beefy and well fed. I was surprised how easy he came in, big difference as I was using a 6'9 extra heavy rod compared to last season when all my fish were caught on a 7'6 Medium Heavy. I really like throwing the Jerkbaits; the experience is much more pleasant when you have the right equipment. May have found a new favourite lure in the Suick! Now can't wait to get another Musky......or Suick! Cheers..(keep plugging away to any one else who's been blanked so far, it will happen)

Just missed a decent sized one tonight, threw the hook after a short tussle. 10 minutes later managed a musky so puny he was almost cute, maybe a little longer than the length of a keyboard. I'm thinking either the fish are starting to "turn on" or I've just really been missing out on something with these Suicks.

Funny thing is I've had my camera with me both times but have taken no pics...and I love pics as much as the next guy.

Edited by Weeds