Stabilizer preference

taper

I am considering adding a sting ray style stabilizer to my main motor. Ever since adding the weight of the kicker to the stern I don't like the way the bow rises. I am considering all, sting ray, doelfin,SE sport, cobra marine or any others. The only one I won't put on is the sting ray XR111. There have been way to many reviews of the no drilling design falling off and destroying lower units in the process. Do any of you guys have any good or bad info on any of the particular brands.

SE sport

Have one on my 18.5' bowrider 3.0merc/OMC cobra

And my 18hp Nissan

Over 10 years on the Nissan no copmplaints and about 5 on the OMC and it still looks like new. I dont think you can go wrong with either brand as everyone who i've talked to say they love then regardless the brand.

I just noticed you can buy the SE sport with an available option that allows it to be fastened to your motor without drilling holes. Has any one here ever used the Sport clip. I did some searching and not a lot of info on the web yet. I know the one by sting ray that allows no hole attachment has a horrible reputation for failing. I love the idea of not drilling holes but I am a little afraid of the consequences.