Firefox 3 now available! (NF)

bigfish1965

Well, I downloaded and activated the new Firefox and I am very impressed. I am currently subscribing to Rogers Ultralite internet service. This FF makes the ultra lite seem very fast. I'm going to stick with it, and start learning the add ons.

Thanks for sharing Rick

Just JOHN

Hey everybody!!!

Thanks for the info on Firefox! I have a question for the experts here, I have Mozilla firefox at home and at work, does anyone know how i can transfer my bookmarks from my work computer to my home computer. I love Firefox it works so well and is very stable.

Any help would be great :clapping:

Guest lundboy
Hey everybody!!!

Thanks for the info on Firefox! I have a question for the experts here, I have Mozilla firefox at home and at work, does anyone know how i can transfer my bookmarks from my work computer to my home computer. I love Firefox it works so well and is very stable.

Any help would be great :clapping:

This is for Firefox 3 now (Since I upgraded) but it's similar in FF2

Goto Bookmarks->Organize Bookmarks -> Import and Backup -> Export

This will create an HTML file which you can then use the same process to IMPORT into the other Firefox browser.

I installed it and just don't get the hype.... Same speed as my IE loading pages with about 5 different pages being times with no cache. Then it took me about a half hour of tweaking to find out that I just couldn't get it look the way I wanted it. I like having enlarged text so I don't have to go blind reading posts LOL. I eventually got the text the right size but by that time the width of window meant I had to scroll over all the time. The tab feature is good but I just tend to open 5 or 6 windows with IE and am used to that.

I think I will stay with IE 6.0 until I have to upgrade that then see what FF is like then.

• 1 month later...

Musky Mike, they were actually extensions that weren't compatible with Fire Fox 3. Tiny Url Creator was one of them and Avg Security Toolbar/ Avg Search. Clipmarks was another one that wasn't compatible. Right now the only one's that are still not compatible is Avg Security toolbar & Avg Search. The others have been update since my last post on this subject.

I decided to stay with Fire Fox 3 and not go back to 2.

Wild, I like ADP too.

Tom