Wheatley Saturday fishing report

Vanselena

Well it seems no one has really found the fish in Wheatley and we struggled also.

I fished Wheatley Saturday, arrived at 9am and talked to the dockmaster. Did you notice the big pile of sand? Well the night befor there was such a violent thunderstorm that they had to get a front loader in to remove the sand from the launch ramp. I had to wonder how so much sand came into that small launch ramp but if the storm was that bad then I am just glad no one was on the lake.

We went 5 for 6 but the fish were not turned on, marked lots straight south

in 35 to 52 fow. We caught 2 in the top 10 feet and the rest of the fish were 30 feet down. 2 fish were caught on greasy chicken wing, two were caught on watermelon and one on jerry lee. Snapper and Musky Torpedo's were hot. We also caught a ton of silver bass when we put our lines deeper then 30'.

I think on the next warm up the fish will turn on in Wheatley. Thunderstorm the night befor could have been a factor.

Guest Johnny Bass
Well it seems no one has really found the fish in Wheatley and we struggled also.

I fished Wheatley Saturday, arrived at 9am and talked to the dockmaster. Did you notice the big pile of sand? Well the night befor there was such a violent thunderstorm that they had to get a front loader in to remove the sand from the launch ramp. I had to wonder how so much sand came into that small launch ramp but if the storm was that bad then I am just glad no one was on the lake.

We went 5 for 6 but the fish were not turned on, marked lots straight south

in 35 to 52 fow. We caught 2 in the top 10 feet and the rest of the fish were 30 feet down. 2 fish were caught on greasy chicken wing, two were caught on watermelon and one on jerry lee. Snapper and Musky Torpedo's were hot. We also caught a ton of silver bass when we put our lines deeper then 30'.

I think on the next warm up the fish will turn on in Wheatley. Thunderstorm the night befor could have been a factor.

I guess we are talking rainbows?Did you take any pictures? Either way, thanks for the report.

Guest gbfisher

Hey Vans, anyone suing you yet? I hear those rigs can kill people at the side of the boat when the fish lets go and the person gets a 10oz unit in the head!!!!. INCOMING!!! :o:o:o:o:o:o

That was my first concern and it seems as though it has happened. Although no one was injured but your product was quickely tossed to the way side. :blink:

Why would someone hook a chicken wing on a hook ... to catch a cougar ! NOW that could be a reel spinner !

All technologies need a trial and break something phaze . Down riggers are safer..

• 1 year later...