Lynn River Carp, Port Dover Perch

Rich

Sugarpacket and I have had a fishing filled week. Tuesday afternoon we headed out to film an episode of Action Angling here at our stomping grounds on the Lynn River. Wouldn't ya know it, with cameras rolling Sugarpacket nails two of the biggest carp from the Lynn this year - a 10 and a 12lb carp. Me? Well don't ask. At least I didn't get skunked. lol

DSC01680.jpg

DSC01677.jpg

Wednesday night we headed out for some bigger Lake Erie carp but just got impatient and decided to head to the waterfront in Port Dover for perch. We didn't have any minnows so we just used worms from the local convenience store. We were rewarded with 14 keepers in about 3 hours. Not to mention some WGSF! SP spanked me again, as I think I only caught 4 of the keepers. I kept the small ones away from her so she could fill the pail. :lol:

DSC01689.jpg

The next day, same thing only with minnows this time. Nailed 8 in the first 5 minutes then were booted out of our spot because boats were pulling in. Moved around the waterfront area and managed 24 keepers by the end of the afternoon.

DSC01690.jpg

Hard to beat fresh Lake Erie perch!