Polarized glasses and GPS screens

Landlocked

Many LCD readouts are difficult to read with polarized lenses but if you tilt your head or adjust your view angle you may be able to see it without taking the glasses off. My Lowrance is viewable though polarized lenses thankfully - a feature I didn't even consider when purchasing.

-Brian

Yes I find the very difficult to read with the glasses on.

Here's another one for ya though, what's the best way to get the fingerprints off the screen? I tried just a damp soft cloth and that spred them around more... is it okay to use windex? or maybe those glass cleaning towels? I'm not sure and don't want to cause permantent streaks.

Guest lundboy

if it's a Lowrance the anti-glare coating (bluish purple) maybe damaged by harsh cleaners like windex. Get a micro fibre cloth (Lowrance used to ship with one), and some eye-glass cleaning solution... works fine for me. Water stains take a few rubbings with the cleaner, but come off fine... Just Like New!

Yes I find the very difficult to read with the glasses on.

Here's another one for ya though, what's the best way to get the fingerprints off the screen? I tried just a damp soft cloth and that spred them around more... is it okay to use windex? or maybe those glass cleaning towels? I'm not sure and don't want to cause permantent streaks.

Yep, Windex will wreck your screen just about any screen (rear projection, crt)....its da ammonia I think, it can will also discolour it too.

Lundboy's glass cleaning method should be oK

forrest