Bass Pro things that make me go hmmm (or huh?)

forrest

Went to Bass Pro this aft on my way to a wedding so I was pressed for time. It was a wonderful wedding full of good people in a great outdoor setting, ceremony was in the woods.

Back to Bass Pro:

1) taking an internet catalogue number and asking a clerk to reference it is useless! "we do not go by those numbers"... :blink: you have to be kidding me.

2) the Salty 10 is still $24 on the shelf....I just bought 2 online from BP for $35.....@#$@#%!!!! :wallbash: (I think I will make a phone call)

3) something my buddy wanted was more than twice the online price ($20 instead of $10)

4) the store does not have a lot of stuff that online has.

5) the guy at the parts counter was excellent and friendly.

6) Napoleon BBQs....they were on sale....a kick butt sale....about 40% off!!!! Forget about Home Depot! I bought one of their medium-low range ones last year and was in a hurry so I did not get exact details Example: $1299.....now $699. $699 now $319. It may have something to do with the Barrie manufacturing closing. All I know is that if I was in the process of buying a BBQ I would have spent an extra few minutes and bought one. And if you are wondering....yes, napoleon is a good as webber....better some say.

7) Tungsten jigs heads? How can they not sell tungsten jig heads?

forrest

PS: bought another salty and spent about $100

arent the website prices in US dollars? (except the flyers)

that may account for the difference in price instore and online

The exchange rate difference is 2 cents between the two dollars.

The American dollar is worth 1.018 against the Canadian dollr.

US pricing and Canadian pricing seem arent based solely on the exchange rate though.

If you buy something off of the website that is the price you pay (after conversion and taxes).

Its a weird setup. The website is a completely separate entity, they have their own products, pricing and product id system.

I would think that if I gave a website # that the store had someway to know what product it is.

Its not easy getting up to BP so a lot of people look online first.

forrest

When I worked there I was able to use a catalog number to check for stock on items. To my knowledge the catalog numbers and the internet numbers are identical. The person you encountered was either untrained or about to go on break.

As for the price discrepancy, you have to factor in fuel and shipping costs to truck the goods from Springfield, Missouri to Vaughan, Ontario. Then tack on customs fees, duty, taxes and border hold ups for bringing those goods across that little imaginary line over the Detroit River. When you order online, you'll have to pay those same fees on your purchase.

Also keep in mind that the store has limited space and can't possibly carry every item in the catalog. That's what the mother store in Missouri is for. No Bass Pro store carries every item in the catalog except Missouri.

And there you have it. Bass Pro in a nutshell.

Edited by BabyHerc