Toronto Island

Anatz

Last week I visited the Toronto Island and what I discovered was, there wasn't any weed growth. I walked from one end to the other to scout for places that holds lot's of weeds and there was nothing!

I didn't see any panfishes, bass or pike there except for huge carps swimming around.

My question is, how come weed growths don't grow as fast as other places. For example, High Park Grenadier Pond. This pond was flourished with weeds everywhere on the same day I visited the island.

I was pretty disappointed when I visited Toronto Island. Is it normal that there are no weeds at this time of the year compared to other years?

Edited by Anatz

Water temp still too cold everywhere, wait for 3 more plus weeks of warm weather, by normal summer temp, you will complain that there are too many weeds and unfishable.

Ain't that the truth!!

My question is, how come weed growths don't grow as fast as other places. For example, High Park Grenadier Pond. This pond was flourished with weeds everywhere on the same day I visited the island.

well grenadier pond is a smaller body of water therefore it would heat up faster than toronto islands, which is part of lake ontario, taking more time to warm up.. and as others said, we've been on a cold streak.

I havent fished the Islands in 2008, but I used to fish them all the time. This time of year the weeds are never too high. It's a good thing too, because by late summer you wont be able to drag a lure through those very same area you checked out.

My fav weedbed is in the main chanel, you probably wont be able to spot it without polarized glasses, but at this time of year it should be 3-4 feet under the surface and prime for throwing spinner baits over it. You need to make a solid cast past the sandy areas close to shore, but i promise those weeds are out there!

Edited by mepps