Any trout in The Fork of Credit?

Guest Fishing For Life

Guest Fishing For Life

Hey guys,

one of fishermen met during the winter steelheading told me that

there are trout in The Fork of The Credit.

I have never been there and have never heard of people talking about it before

(please see attached map for location)

Just wanna get some information as to whether it is true or not and how good it is

and what kinda setting it is. (I dont have a boat or any sort)

Thanks

Yes there are fish, and as Musky or specs mentioned its good to check the regs as the areas vary. Also, it is a poor idea to put an exact location and map to a fishing spot and against the board rules... Good luck to you there though

Guest Fishing For Life

Single barbless hook is OK with me since I catch&release 99% of the time anyways

NO organize baits ... uhm, that might be a problem since I tend to lose lotsa hooks+leaders ..

and I dont make enough $$ to keep losing flies .. damn

What kinda trout and what size should I expect?

Is it like river setting?

Guest Fishing For Life

Doesnt the word "Organic" mean something that is REAL?

It is hard to believe things like "Powerbait" & "Gulp Alive" are not allowed ...

what about Powerbait pink worms?

BTW, is it a waste of time to fish for trout at this time of the year?

Doesnt the word "Organic" mean something that is REAL?

It is hard to believe things like "Powerbait" & "Gulp Alive" are not allowed ...

what about Powerbait pink worms?

BTW, is it a waste of time to fish for trout at this time of the year?

Definition of organic

derived from living organisms

It is some of the materials of which they are made that make them illegal. That is how it was explained to me.

Trout are there but it is all special regs. Single barbless hook no organic bait. All fish under 19" must be released. Please check your regs before heading out.

Please note that the regs changed in the last few years - NO trout may be harvested (regardless of size).

Guest Fishing For Life

Oh man,

That place sounds like a weirdo place after

all the regs and things you guys have talked about ..

Is that the reason why people dont usually fish there?

I don't see how "Gulp - Alive" could be considered an organic bait. As someone mentioned, it would have to come from something that was alive and although having "alive" in the name is a good marketing ploy; I don't think anything it's made of could have ever wiggled off of my hook and swam away.

The scientific definition of Organic is any material that has a carbon skeleton as it's chemical background. With that said any living thing that you would consider for bait is organic ie, minnows, crawfish, worms, row, or even any type of plant.

As for soft plastics I can't really say if they're organic or not... I imagine the new Gulp Alive are carbon based, as it just makes sense since they're biodegradable (carbon cycle).

Sinkers, hooks, are typically pure metals or some sort of alloy which wouldn't be carbon based therefore not organic. Flies are typically made of some sort of synthetic polymer and should be OK. However if you have a fly tied out of deer hair or something, a stickler of a CO, may give you a hard time, but I really wouldn't worry about it much.

If you plan on going I would just avoid any sort of live and or previously alive bait, or soft plastics.

Note: Please don't consider this a true Definition of 'organic' there term could have many different meanings, its just meant for some added info.

-fwf

I had asked the question of a CO and he said that personally he would consider any of the powerbaits etc as organic. His opinion he said though and wasnt sure it would hold up in court. Forks of the credit when it comes right down to it is essentially fly fishing only.

Lot's of people fish the Forks, it's well known as a fly-fishing spot.

It's also very very busy on weekends, with fishermen, hikers, bird watchers, blue haired grannies complaining about everything.......

It is a nice stretch of driving road, but on weekends there's usually 2-3 cruisers strictly enforcing the 40km/h limit, and it attracts large groups of overly loud Fart Machines (Harley's).

In other words it's a beautiful stretch of river with average fly-fishing only trout angling, but not exactly a peaceful afternoon. And the coffee shop is wayyyy overpriced ($5 hot chocolate!!!!!!)