Thursday at the Berg

joonmoon

Hit the water at 9am and fished hard til 2pm.I started out slow and was trailing by 2 by the time I found the hookset accuracy. I played catch up and managed to tie Inspector Gadget several times but the freshly tied purple bluefox in the all time pike fav colors was too much to surpass.

100_0114-1.jpg

100_0115.jpg

He finished the day with 9 Pike, his biggest was a 25". I was close behind with 8 Pike and the biggun of the day was 26 1/2".

Caught a pike with some nasty tears in its side, either it was lunch that got away and survived or just spawning abuse not sure.

100_0118.jpg

100_0119.jpg

Wind was wicked and the lake showed her whitecaps several times, burning out both batteries in the "Augustawind".

Hot action and a hot day, all fish were released to fight another day as usual.

Thanks for your time. B)

Hey Big guy, ya I work a continental 12 hour shift. I go in on nites Fri, Sat and Sun. Then I have Mon and Tues off and back in Wed and Thurs nites. I have every other weekend off and I get one long weekend a month. I plan to get out as often during the week as I can to avoid the weekenders and the traffic. B)

Hey Big guy, ya I work a continental 12 hour shift. I go in on nites Fri, Sat and Sun. Then I have Mon and Tues off and back in Wed and Thurs nites. I have every other weekend off and I get one long weekend a month. I plan to get out as often during the week as I can to avoid the weekenders and the traffic. B)

You callin' me a weekender? Why I oughta! :whistling::Gonefishing:

Good stuff.. I fish a lot during weekdays too. Gotta love beating the crowds. Best fishing is always on a Thursday I find. :thumbsup_anim:

I thought that was you guys out there Joonmoon!

I showed up around 2pm as well and started crawling around the shore and casting crankbaits. I was the guy over at the railway track shoreline.

Windy is right! Wow! It was like gailforce on that shore. Anyhoo, it was also the only place I caught fish. Just one little pike and another bigger one that gave me a good fight 'til it got off.

Thursdays are good for getting out cause for most its payday and lots go shopping or to the bar or are still at work. Weekender Rich has a ring to it.......lol, just kidding I know you fish alot during the week too. Gotta luv the Berg. B)

Hey Mike Pike, ya gotta get yur canoe in there, way better fishing spots then the shore. I've seen some pretty respectable fish caught at the dam and along the railway but difficult to cast against the wind when she's blowin hard right at ya.