May long weekend report

Peps

let me start by saying thanks to all on this board for all the great info that is shared here.

you are all great people and i am honered to be part of this great community.

this is my first report (sorry no pics :wallbash: ) i will get the pic situation down pat for my next report. :thumbsup_anim:

we headed out bright and early on Saturday morning to our favourite lake east of Parry Sound, the drive up went smooth untill we hit our destination and the skies opened up and the terriable weather for the weekend started (as you are all well aware of). Oh well suck it up and get the boat in the water.

We know the fishing was going to be tough but we had a game plan and we stuck to it, look for warm water and start casting shore line structure using x-raps and in-line spinners. didn't take long till i here from the front of the boat fish on :clapping: and my good buddie and life long fishing partner brings in a OOS smallie quick release and back in the drink she goes. A high 5 in order and we say insinc the skunk is off (but thats not what we're after). So we move into a shallow bay and the water temp looks great 58 degrees, second cast in and i have a decent hit set the hook and the fight is on after a couple of good runs we land a healthy lookin Northern a respectable 33" now we're pumped.

We continue to work the bay and are rewarded with some decent Pike nothing huge but it was great fun none the less. Being cold and wet we decided to head back to the cabin to warm up, eat and get some well deserved wobbly pops in us.

It rained pretty much all day so we waited it out and got out on the water around 5ish but the fish had a bad case of lock jaw <_< and we couldn't convince any takers, i had 1 follow from a Pike around 35" :wallbash: . So back to the cabin get dinner goin and tell tales from the past :whistling: .

Woke up Sunday early to more rain and a balmy 3 degrees we braved it and went out, what a mistake, should've stayed back in the warm cabin. Water temps dropped 5 degrees from Saturday, so needless to say it was a great lure washing session :rolleyes: we tried and tried to no avail so we retreated back to the cabin.

Finally at about 4the rained stopped and the skies cleared. Perfect i saidlets get goin, loaded the Smokercraft and back to the baywhere we were nailing them on Saturday. We get there start casting, i'm using a #4 Mepps Aglia Long and get a big hit i knew it was a good fish get it close to the boat and see a very nice BUT oos Largie :wallbash: fish makes 1 more run get her to the boat don't even lift her out of the water release the hooks admire her and let her go. My guess 4.5 - 5 lbs 23"-24", after that we quickly moved out to the entrance of the bay and start working the drop off, for the next hour we were on fire catching Pike nothing bigger than 30", so we kept a few eaters and headed back to the cabin for a good little fry and some more brown pops and called it a night :stretcher: .

Got up Monday nice and early to get on the road to beat the traffic and spend the rest of the holiday with the family. All in all a great weekend spent with a great friend and oh yeah a few fish they're always a bonus.

Sorry for the long read hope you enjoyed it.

Peps

Thanks for the great first report Peps. Glad you persevered through the inclement weather too or we wouldn't have read this report either.

But we DO like pics, Peps. I don't mind that much myself you understand. Pics are mostly needed for some of our illiterate redneck friends. :lol: Yeah, that's it!

Thanks again.