Who is this IDIOT

holdfast

Balloon takes flight without Fournier's capsule

Without special suit and other equipment feat would definitely be fatal for parachutist

PETER CHENEY

Globe and Mail Update

May 27, 2008 at 7:13 AM EDT

NORTH BATTLEFORD, SASK. — French adventurer Michel Fournier's quest to set a world skydiving record may have come to an end after his $200,000 helium balloon escaped and floated into space without him attached on Tuesday.

Although the launch appeared to be going perfectly, the surprise disconnection of the giant balloon took the assembled crowd by surprise. There was an audible gasp as the clear plastic balloon rose into the sky after an hour of filling from a helium truck, but without Mr. Fournier's capsule beneath it.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/sto...y/National/home

WHAT A JOKE

Edited by holdfast

Nice one Roy, but he might of been better off from where your from. He is from France, but I can see why you got so touched by this fellas misfortune

Edited by holdfast

Apparently this guy has made over four attempts and failed. This latest fiasco made CNN News. It is felt that this guy has swindled the sponsers and never did intent to carry out the mission. Others also think that he chickened out. Sorry Roy if I called your cousin an Idiot. Thanks love2fishhave2work for an answer that makes sense, because if you ask me, this Yardbird picked the wrong geograhical area to pull this attention seeking stunt, because this area is constantly windy.