Questions reagrding kicker install ... please help!

krawler

Just bought a merc 9.9 bigfoot, im mounting it on my swim platform. A few questions ... does anyone simply use the throttle to control the speed instead of using a single lever throttle at the helm or a troll-master system? I know it would be easier to have something mounted at the helm but is it really necessary to have?

The main motor is a I/O and want to link the two motors for steering purposes, anything out there thats cheaper than the EZ-steer system?

Finally, the kicker does not have an alternator, is it possible to install one?

thanks

Krawler no its not nessary to have throttle control on your kicker yes it would be nice but can easily be controlled without.

I use a T-Bar to connect to my main motor although my main motor is a tiller I prefer to steer with the main motor instead of constantly reaching over to steer the kicker.I have had an EZ steer sysytem on my first boat it works well but way over priced $350 not to mention you have to hook it up in back of the 2 motors.I have used the T-Bar system for 5 seasons now its better than EZ steer and costs about $45.

DSCF1577_1.JPG

Mike

Edited by Mike the Pike

Yes Rob I will take more pics and send them to you.I will have to find out what brand name it is called .

Its really simple you bolt on 2 universal joints on each motor cut and bend the bar to the desired lenghth and you have steering via the main motor.The bar slips onto the universal joints quickly .you will love this system.Not bad for $45.