Report - Pike on the Richelieu River

wgk36

This is my first report, so please bare with me...

I have been excited all week. You see , I was supposed to pickup my brand new 1625 Classic today. Unfortunately, I found out on Thursday that it isn't in yet. Being the good friend that he is, MikeThePike suggested that we go fishing from shore.....

So, off we went tis morning, at 8:00 am. We got to our spot and began fishing around 9:30. It was VERY windy, fishing from constantly moving docks at the far end of the marina. Within several minutes, we both had a couple of strikes and several follows. We new that we were in for a good time. :Gonefishing:

Sure enough, we started catching little rockets. They ranged in size from 16" - 24". Within 2 hours, we managed to net 8 between us. My pictures are below. I am sure that Mike will post a report.

Picture_001.jpg

Picture_002.jpg

Picture_003.jpg

Picture_004.jpg

Picture_005.jpg

This last pike was really hooked well, and flopped around in the net. He is bleeding, but swam away just fine. :thumbsup_anim:

We plan on returning next week when I pickup the boat. Maybe we will bring the kids (Andrew and Ryan)

Yes I really had a blast with good friend Glenn.

The action was non stop with many follows and lost fish I would have to say this was my most enjoyable time targetting PIKE.

We had some laughs and I caught my new PB for smallest pike ever also missed another dill pickle.

The hot lure of the day was the Pink Rapala X-Rap.

Had a great time with you Bud.

I look forward to our next outing in your new boat.

Here are some pics.

IMG_1240_1.JPG

IMG_1242_1.JPG

IMG_1243_1.JPG

IMG_1244_1.JPG

IMG_1245_1.JPG

IMG_1246_1.JPG

IMG_1247_1.JPG

IMG_1248_1.JPG

Nothing of great size but the action was plentyful.

I did lose some nice ones but we all know those do not count :Gonefishing::canadian: